Speedo tube in 2016 225 Optimax, is it needed?

I just replaced my water impeller and in the process saw the speedo tube near the front of the lower unit. It didn't sit in the hole very well even thought the little plastic clip was still attached. I use Smart Guages in my boat and the speedo tube is capped off up in the motor with a little red OEM looking part\plug. Do I need to be concerned if the tube comes look in the lower unit? thank you

2. Member
    No.

3. Member
    ^^^^+ 1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +2

If you would, please take a few moments to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info (serial numnber) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor