2003 225 efi poor holshot and mid rand acceleration

2003 225 efi ot736682
    Recently have had an issue with holshot and no mid range power. Can still run it up to 5800 rpm. But to just cruise at 5000 rpm I almost have to keep my hot foot to the floor. And holshot is so bad that I've had to go from a 25 pitch to a 23. Fuel pressure is solid right at 35 psi. Injector are new and coils are new. Just feels like I'm not hitting wot. Checked linkage and its opening all the way. When I would get up on plane and trim up punch the gas it would put you back in the seat and that power is not there anymore. Sounds like something is choking the exhaust. The exhaust doesn't seem to be as loud as it was before. Also compression was all good right at 125 to 128. Have he it in the shop a few times and they cant seem to find anything wrong. One thing I noticed when it's running on the hose I have water leaking from the lower motor mounts and I have been told that's normal. But it never did it before and that when I started have this problem. Besides the holshot and mid range power problem the motor runs great always starts idle good

Pull the lower unit and look from the bottom to be sure the tuner is still in place, take something long and see if it moves around
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    ^^^^+ 1 possibly broken of from casting rare but possible unlike small block mtrs that have the dreaded bolt on tuners that decend regularly and cause horrid per formance issues,spark test/ REED inspection/ fuel psi test/all sensors tested
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................