Mercury Parts delays??!!

I realize what is going on effects every industry but holy smokes, my boat has been in the shop for over 3 weeks just waiting on parts. Obviously I am missing tournaments...…. Any insights on time line? I can find nothing posted on here or Mercury.

same here

3. Member
    Same here
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

4. Member
    I had to have my engine mounted oil tank replaced again after the one I just got 2 years ago started leaking badly. It took 3 weeks for the part to arrive...
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

5. Member
    yup 7-10 days longer than normal shipping
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a few moments to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info (serial numnber) when posting. Thanks!

And <UPDATE: 10-15> days is for parts that are currently in the warehouse. Remember- Mercury does NOT manufacture every part used in their engines. MANY vendors were affected by the ongoing COVID-19 situation, resulting in halting production, decreased stock levels, shortages of materials, help, etc.

Your dealer (the one that ordered the specific part) usually has the most up to date information on the availability of YOUR part that was ordered. That being said... if there's a specific part you're looking for, provide the info for more information.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 07-15-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    So when I order from European Marine how do I know which parts are in stock and which have to come from Mercury? I only ask because this was my first order from you and had no idea. I realized after I ordered that I needed other things but didnt want to slow the first order.
    Kenneth
    2009 Phoenix 721 Pro XP Hull number CJJP4121J809
    Mercury 250 Pro XS serial number 1B736443
    26P Fury Prop
    82 mph with full fuel and gear @5900 rpm
    12ft Talon
    Minn Kota Fortrex
    Lowrance Graphs (16 in Carbon @ helm, 7 in custom mounted Hook @ bow)
    Amsoil Lubricants and fuel treatments along with a bit of extras

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Email communication from or with the Parts Department confirms availability and/or estimated ship dates (or simply tracking info if the order is shipping promptly).

It is often possible to simply place a separate order- IF the original order has not already shipped, the Parts Team will make every effort to combine shipments.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    I work at a dealership and my poor motor parts manager is pulling his hair out. Not only are we busier than ever, but Covid has really screwed things up. He received word from Mercury that some parts are delayed until the end of July.
    Brad Krone