Thread: UFC 251

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Has anyone ever died in a UFC or similar fight? If it happened, and you had paid to watch the fight, could you be held partially liable?
    Not sure but if you're worried and want to see the fight watch it boot leg on the link above. Or just wait a few seconds and watch it on Utube

2. Member
    I’m guessing this is just trolling, because I can’t see any rational reason someone watching could be held liable.

Has anyone ever died in a UFC or similar fight? If it happened, and you had paid to watch the fight, could you be held partially liable?

3. Member
    Don't need rational in today's world.

4. Member
    Good point. I stand corrected.

Don't need rational in today's world.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weim hunter View Post
    I’m guessing this is just trolling, because I can’t see any rational reason someone watching could be held liable.
    More people have died in Football, NHL, and even MLB than the UFC.... I dont get UFC haters at all

6. Member
    All on the main card made weight....lets get ready to RUMBLE!!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncbass View Post
    All on the main card made weight....lets get ready to RUMBLE!!
    Should be some good fights!

8. Member
    I like UFC. I've been very tempted to buy a PPV, but never have. I'm afraid of my back luck. Either the fights would be over in a short time, or I'd fall asleep and miss the main. Wish they were about 1/2 the cost, and I'd be in.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 920screaming250 View Post
    plenty of ways to get for free.i haven't paid for one in years
    I understand. That’s your choice. Not sure why you needed to quote me to make your point which was completely separate from what I was saying.

Its a tough situation at the same time. When so many athletes’ incomes are tied to tv rights. I think it’s said that UFC shares 18% of TV money with their athletes while almost all of the pro sports are around the 38 - 54% range? Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong if you have more exact numbers.

I respect these athletes’ dedication and amazing skills. I hope they all work it out. A professional athlete’s career is so often shorter than expected.

10. Banned
    I still am getting royalties from when Opollo Creed died in Rocky, I paid for a show and got a death, pay up suckers...

11. Member
    I think the main card starts at like 6am local time because of the heat. The temp will still be 108 degrees. Fight island might not have been the best idea after all....

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weim hunter View Post
    I think the main card starts at like 6am local time because of the heat. The temp will still be 108 degrees. Fight island might not have been the best idea after all....
    Ya, I heard that. They said it could be moved indoors, if needed. Not sure how that works thou. I know if I'm Max Holloway I would want it out doors in the heat. No one seems to out work that guys cardio.

13. Member
    This looks like a good card. Im looking forward to the next time Khabib fights as well. Will be interesting to see if it ends up on the beach or not.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    This looks like a good card. Im looking forward to the next time Khabib fights as well. Will be interesting to see if it ends up on the beach or not.
    Khabib's father passed away last week from complications of Covid. I heard Sept/Nov for his match up against Gaethje that's probably up in the air now.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cullum View Post
    Khabib's father passed away last week from complications of Covid. I heard Sept/Nov for his match up against Gaethje that's probably up in the air now.
    Yeah I saw that. I believe White said they were just gonna give him his time and he could come back when he wants. I cant imagine though he wont be back for a Nov fight.Who knows though everyone is different. His dad was I believe his coach and hes got enough money he might never fight again. I doubt that though.

16. Member
    I don't know if anybody else is watching the early prelims...but that was one of the worst kicks to the dick i've ever seen....i can't believe dude kept going. front of the foot straight to the rod and bobbers....wow....and then a second kick at the end of the fight. that poor guy.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iabass8 View Post
    I don't know if anybody else is watching the early prelims...but that was one of the worst kicks to the dick i've ever seen....i can't believe dude kept going. front of the foot straight to the rod and bobbers....wow....and then a second kick at the end of the fight. that poor guy.
    saw it. Should have been a DQ. punk had the balls to celebrate the win
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    saw it. Should have been a DQ. punk had the balls to celebrate the win
    yeah that was ridiculous. dude gets knocked in the loaf..twice..and loses and the clown celebrates next to him.

19. Member
    So did they move everything in or just for the prelims. I just flipped it over and it appears indoors ?

20. Member
    It is all indoors. The outside octagon is for training and promo purposes. It’s too hot, even at 6am local time (for our 10pm for the start of the main card)
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast