Question 2010 200 optimax pro xs

I have this motor on a 1991 Champion 201. It gets on plane slow and shakes a little. It only gets to about 4400 rpms at wot. There is spark to all cylinders and new spark plugs. The fuel tank is new and all fuel lines are new. It starts fine and idles fine. Any suggestions. I am trying to come up with way to test fuel and air pressure.

2. Member
    You need to verify the fuel and air pressures, since you already confirmed spark.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a few moments to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info (serial numnber) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Serial number 1B789243
    The pressure was 92 fuel and 78 air side there was moisture in the air side and a fuel smell

5. Member
    Serial number 1B789243
    The pressure was 92 fuel and 78 air side there was moisture in the air side and a fuel smell

6. Member
    Did you check pressures with two gauges connected at the same time?

Better check the tracker valve diaphragm also.

7. Member
    Yes checked at the same time

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Once you have checked ALL of the basics (Compression Test, Spark Test, Fuel Quality/Delivery/Air-Fuel Pressures), you will need to inspect the REEDS.

I recommend TDR Reeds for this engine (eliminating the steel reeds).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor