Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

something you have not thrown for a long time

I know we all have our go to lures. Even with that being said sometimes our go to lure goes thru phases and for whatever reason you lay it down and don't throw it anymore. For me I was a jig fisherman and at one point in time I had one tied on year round. Over the last 10 or so years I only found myself throwing one when it was winter with cold water and I wanted to drag a slow bait. However back when I fished it regular I threw one year round. Well my go summertime bait for several years has been a 10" worm. Like a jig its no secret bait and it just simply catches fish in the summer months. Two trips ago I broke off my 10" worm and as I was getting into my storage box something inside me said "hey tie on a jig" so that's what I done. Instantly, like in my next cast I caught a decent keeper. I finished the day catching a couple more. So my next trip guess what I have tied on...the ol trusty jig. I managed to catch most of my fish yesterday on it and this has revived my jig fishing.

So am I in the minority who goes thru phases with a bait or technique or do most other people do the same thing?

2. Banned
    I have not thrown a lizard in probably twenty years. Not sure why I even stopped.

Very rarely throw crankbaits like I use to in the past.

I haven’t thrown a fit in a long time———- I’m over due

4. Member
    Mepps Spinner - I know they work, dunno why I stopped. My goal for this year is to catch something, anything on a Johnson Silver Minnow with the pork eel trailer.

5. Member
    200 bandit crankbait. Lived on that Bait for years. Haven’t thrown one now for years.

6. Member
    Buzz bait. Don’t know why. Never really thought much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryPF View Post
    Mepps Spinner - I know they work, dunno why I stopped. My goal for this year is to catch something, anything on a Johnson Silver Minnow with the pork eel trailer.
    Now you’re talking my language! Love Mepps! I haven’t thrown one for a few years, but have a truck load. I was a big T. Layton “Shep” Shepherd fan. Became friends with him and Todd Sheldon which got me a field tester position at the age of 17. Stayed a field tester for over a decade. Have caught many fish on them. Love the Mepps mino comet in sizes #2 up to #5. It was a fall back lure through the 80’s and 90’s.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

A 7” ribbon tail worm. They never stopped catching fish for me but I sure stopped using them. Looking back, it sort of feels like I ran out on a good woman. I ought to go look her up again!

Spinner baits. Used to throw them all the time. Now i have evolved to a sloppy weed infested angler.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

10. Member
    A number of things. But I will say, a Carolina rig. For a few years I used one regularly.

Use to fish 4" ring worms all the time and have not thrown one in a long time and I'm sure they will still catch fish.

12. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    BUZZBAITS..... Think about it then just "don't tie one on"..... UM buzzbait that is
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

13. Member
    I haven't thrown a foot ball

14. Member
    Hellbender use to be my favorite, don't have any left to try some one stole my big box full of hellbenders, loved throwing the skunk colored bender.

15. Member
    A frog.

16. Member
    Snowball - life is good ❤️ 🎣 🇺🇸 🦅

C-rig

18. Member
    I never throw a buzz bait on a big lake for some reason.
    We have been fishing a big pond catching lots of little ones.
    I tied a buzz bait on and told my grandson I was going to make a big one mad.
    6 lb bass hit it so hard it scared us both-right at the bank.
    What a hit! That is what I remember most about the buzz bait-the bites are ferocious!
    I will definitely throw it more than I have.

T-Rig worm for me. Started my bass fishing with it, but moved on to other/better options.

20. Member
    Rapala floating minnows (balsa). They worked as topwaters, steady retrieve, and jerk baits.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast