Anyone with a newer X18 and F 150??

Just ordered an X18 with the F150 instead of the SHO 150 in order to meet my budget($2000 difference) I had set and still get the other options I wanted, sea dek, 6"jack plate and the Foretrex upgrades primarily. Question is, of course top speed, but mainly how quick to plane and any issues porpoising. Currently have 2012 X 17 with F115 and the only issue was chime walk at WOT that vanished with hydraulic steering I added. I know X 18 owners are few and far between but the 19 was just too much boat for me at 65, retired and no longer T fishing so top speed is not a must just fun.

2. Member
    What price did you get if you don’t mind?

3. Member
    33 plus tax from Smith Motors in Hattiesburg Ms. Could have gotten X19 with 175 SHO for 36 + tax but I will probably pay cash and as I said I had an amount I was willing to spend and did not want to go over that. Also must add in a 2016 Toyota Rav 4 that I had to get my wife into that price, sort of a package deal.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishingram24 View Post
    33 plus tax from Smith Motors in Hattiesburg Ms. Could have gotten X19 with 175 SHO for 36 + tax but I will probably pay cash and as I said I had an amount I was willing to spend and did not want to go over that. Also must add in a 2016 Toyota Rav 4 that I had to get my wife into that price, sort of a package deal.
    The people at Smith Motors are good folks. Tell Alton Cade that Gary from Mobile said hello.

P.S. I love all of the deer mounts around the wall there.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

5. Member
    A 2020 or 2021 model? I'm looking at a 2020 X18, but with the 115 SHO.

6. Member
    To be honest, I don't know. Assuming 2021 since I am ordering it built. Dealer says 6-8 weeks but really expecting longer. I wish there had been an X18 nearby I could have looked over but that was not the case with either of the 2 closest dealers, each about 85 miles from me. SHO is a great looking motor and with more get up and go but as I said, I had a number in mind to spend(not financing)and was not going over since my present boat still looks and runs great. Is there any difference in the 2020 and 2021 other than the date?

7. Member
    I’m in Texas but ordering my Xpress from the same place. Small world.

8. Member
    Cbump, he sells a ton of boats due to his prices I think. Also has a good rep from all I have heard. He was shipping X 21 to Tx. the day I was there.

9. Member
    To be honest, I don't know. Assuming 2021 since I am ordering it built. Dealer says 6-8 weeks but really expecting longer. I wish there had been an X18 nearby I could have looked over but that was not the case with either of the 2 closest dealers, each about 85 miles from me. SHO is a great looking motor and with more get up and go but as I said, I had a number in mind to spend(not financing)and was not going over since my present boat still looks and runs great. Is there any difference in the 2020 and 2021 other than the date?
    I am not sure of the differences between 2020 and 2021.

10. Member
    I think you'll be very happy with the X18! I have a 2020 X18 w/Suzuki 140- it'll do 51 and Suzis aren't known for speed. Propped right, you should be in high 50 easy. I went X18 for similar reasons and got similar options... But they one thing I did get and wouldn't want to be without is the Ultrex. I use the heading feature more than spot lock... point where you want to go, hit the N button, and fish on two feet!! A friend talked me into it and I'm so glad he did!

11. Member
    Thanks for the info, mid 50's will be okay with me but afraid the Ultrex would put me over my budget I am willing to spend although I have always wanted spot lock. Thanks for messing up my already jumbled up mind.

12. Member
    Ultrex is worth the extra cost.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support