Bass tracker dent

Is this a deal breaker? Im going to look at the boat saturday but not sure about aluminum bass boats. Its a 2011 bass tracker 175 txw hes asking 9000 for it. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I guess it depends on how the rest of the boat looks and if the motor is good. Looks like a different motor may have been put on it too.
    Based on those pictures i would pass. Probably a nicer boat out there for that kind of money

3. Member
    The rest of the boat looks pretty good based on pictures. He said the previous owner put the dent in it. He he put a 75 hp 2 stroke on it.

4. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    a good body shop could fix

maybe call one and text pic for a price before you move on it

5. Member
    wouldn't waste my time with it. to much money for it with that big of a dent and being repowered like he has. To many nicer boats out there for that much money.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    wouldn't waste my time with it. to much money for it with that big of a dent and being repowered like he has. To many nicer boats out there for that much money.
    +1 on this. Keep looking.

7. Member
    Absolutely not. Lots of nicer boats out their for that money. ( PASS )

8. Banned
    Keep looking ,...pass . If you decide to sell it in the future , you may be stuck with it .

9. Member
    Thanks everyone for the adice.

10. Member
    I paid less than that for my 2010 that was in excellent condition, bought it from the original owner.

11. #FRB
    I'd offer him $6000 and see if he takes it as long as the rest of the boat is good. However, it took a HARD hit to do that. Way more than just a love tap below the rub rail from hitting a dock in a cross wind like what mine has. One thing to think about with buying a boat with very obvious damage is everyone is gonna see you in it and think YOU did it.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

12. Banned
    Who would buy a dented boat ,that dent is not going fall off , always going to be there to remind you . Look for a better boat in good condition . That is my .02cts.

Takes a pretty good wallop to bend a gunnel like that.

14. Member
    NO way....I paid 5k for a bigger (18'3",88"beam), mechanically prestine (75 Merc), and much better boat...it took some doing to find it...due diligence, patience, lots of classifieds searching....but well worth it.
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 07-13-2020 at 12:19 AM.

That boat is worth about $3000 maybe. Big pass there thats not even an optimax engine thats a carbed 2 stroke 75. Very out dated. Idk how they could be asking that kindof price for that those of you that remember my old boat i had a hell of a time getting $10k out of it and that boat was clean and well rigged.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

16. Member
    Hard pass, as that dent indicates that boat was hit hard by something and its likely that damage goes beyond just what you see. If you start with a baseline of buying something damaged that gets inot the structural integrity of the boat, you'll be chasing issues and problems for as long as you own it and you will never be able to sell it. The fact it was "repowered" is likely less to do with "upgrading" the boat and more to do with dealing with the damage you see on the boat. That boat isn't even close to being worth $9000, and quite frankly isn't sellable above $3000. If this were a vehicle, it would be out in back of a dealership in the wholesale section with a sign that says sold as is where is..... Keep looking, there are much better boats out there to be bought....

I repower is not always a red flag and doesnt automatically mean its tied into the damage. My boat was repowered due to mechanical issues with the stock motor making it un reliable so rather than deal with that we started over. It was an upgrade not a drawback. In this case yea the dent is a big problem to stay away from.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.