Holiday weekend at Gaston

Well we went back to Gaston for the holiday weekend. It was BUSY!!!!! but we still managed to get a little fishing in. It was a lot slower than it was 2 weeks ago but we had a couple nice catches. Just to give a little back story I have twin boys 14 yoa. Last year I made them get their boaters license and now they will take my boat and fish the creek by themselves. So one evening I decided not to go so Dylan takes the boat out and goes straight across the creek (where I can see him) and starts throwing a frog. Well 15-20 minutes later he comes back and tells me he has a good one. He put it in the well but would not show me cause he wanted to keep fishing till dark. He come back at dark and weighed it.... 5.44lbs a new PB for him. His biggest before was somewhere around 4.5lbs.

On to my other son. He loves to catfish from the dock at night. I am inside watching TV and comes up and tells me to come out and look at what he caught. A 23lb flathead!!! He said it wrapped him around dock pilings and peeled drag. Then the next evening while catfishing he catches a 4lb bass on a cut bluegill!!! Some guys have all the luck

So on to me... My brother and I caught a few every day but nothing worth talking about. My biggest was 2.97lbs. Most fish were on a frog. It was hot as hell so did not do a lot of fishing just 3 or so hours in the mornings and evenings.

It was a great weekend to see both my kids catch some nice fish and we also had some family and friends over for a cookout which included (prepared by yours truly) homemade smoked BBQ, Country ribs, and wings. Mom made her special striper dip, potato salad, baked beans, and mac and cheese. Oh I love to eat!!!!

Get out and fish!!!DYLAN.jpgRJ CATFISH.jpg

OH update on boat... My parts did not come in before we left. So Mare put a loaner LU on my boat so that I could have it for vacation. How many shops would have done that??? Thanks Mare!!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

2. Member
    Oh the memories growing up every summer on peahill

3. Member
    Roger, great that you can have that experience with your boys. Which creek do you stay on?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennyg View Post
    Roger, great that you can have that experience with your boys. Which creek do you stay on?
    Great creek. The creek that americamps is in.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

5. Member
    Neat. Looks like a good time!

6. Member
    That's cool.

My Daughter caught a 4+lb catfish from dock. Broke her rod and all. It was AWESOME! Her Zebco 33 got a workout with that one.

And same for me, couple here and there, but done fishing by 10-11am due to heat/boats.
    Semper Fi

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    That's cool.

My Daughter caught a 4+lb catfish from dock. Broke her rod and all. It was AWESOME! Her Zebco 33 got a workout with that one.

And same for me, couple here and there, but done fishing by 10-11am due to heat/boats.
    Hell yea!!! Great times
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx