Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I understand. I don’t have but about 15 rods so the port aide locker would be enough for me.

Apologies to the OP I was trying not to make this about me but the fact that there are others just like the OP that are not completely thrilled with what is available right now

Most of these people are confronted with statements like

I’ve gotten used to it
    It will grow on you
    It isn’t a big deal
    Just store your tackle in a rod locker
    all basically saying it’s a compromise you should live with

This and people praising the layout can seem like a brick wall that isn’t going to move

And since it’s a deal breaker for me I’m happy to take up the cause and point out more options would be nice
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    I could use the two coffin style compartments for storage and still have the same amount of tackle within my reach
    But the modifications would preclude me from using them as rod lockers and leave me with just one rod locker

I keep 15 to 20 rods in the boat any given day and they aren’t going to fit in just one locker

Also the way I get in the seat I use the stowed trolling motor as a hand hold to help left my fat… up into the seat so I can’t leave any rods on the port side of the deck forcing me to keep them on the starboard side on top of what Skeeter is offering as storage requiring me to move all my rods every time I needed something from that storage or just leave them empty rendering them useless

If they had left the starboard locker alone I would be more than happy to turn the two coffin style compartments into full storage I’m not new to modifying things to fit my needs but they have made enough changes that it’s not going to work for me
    You could fit 30 rods easily in the ZX or ZXR port rod locker. Remove the stupid tackle organizers from both port and starboard, you can install them in the center box, but I do not for less weight. You know have all tackle storage in center box. This works great because you only have to open on door while sitting on the other. More sitting room easier access. Life jackets and odds in ends in the 2 smaller starboard compartments. Plus the 2 day boxes are a great thing. I run Erie, Ontario, St. Lawrance, and Champlain HARD. nothing ruins anything. nothing moves around. After 6 ZX, 3 being team layout, I currently run the FXR because I bought before the ZXR came out. I am truly missing this layout and will probably be running the ZXR next year just because of the layout.

Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    You could fit 30 rods easily in the ZX or ZXR port rod locker. Remove the stupid tackle organizers from both port and starboard, you can install them in the center box, but I do not for less weight. You know have all tackle storage in center box. This works great because you only have to open on door while sitting on the other. More sitting room easier access. Life jackets and odds in ends in the 2 smaller starboard compartments. Plus the 2 day boxes are a great thing. I run Erie, Ontario, St. Lawrance, and Champlain HARD. nothing ruins anything. nothing moves around. After 6 ZX, 3 being team layout, I currently run the FXR because I bought before the ZXR came out. I am truly missing this layout and will probably be running the ZXR next year just because of the layout.

That second picture shows it perfectly. Rods do not take a beating in the center compartment at all.

5. Member
    Skeeter is the only brand that is set up to where they could make multiple deck options with not any extra cost to them. They arent cast in molds or anything. Just fabricated aluminum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12