Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Goodyear Endurance are a piece of Crap! #Endurancearecrap!

Everybody said the Endurance tires were the best. So I took off my 8 year old Carlisle HD tires and replaced with brand new Endurance tires. The Endurance tires lasted about 500 miles and blew out. I had the trailer professionally aligned and they seemed perfect. Called Dobbs Tire who installed them and they said there is NO WARRANTY on my 26 day old tires. I have tire pressure monitors and they were at 64psi when they blew.
    Last edited by STRETCH1; 07-07-2020 at 03:58 PM.

2. Member
    Ah, something isn’t right here. Frustration check, but someone should support them. They build a very good quality tire and many hear are running them with great satisfaction, myself included.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

As rants go, that's a 6. Definitely room for improvement. Hint:bump up the outrage a notch or two.

Mine have been flawless.

#lovemyendurance

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    As rants go, that's a 6. Definitely room for improvement. Hint:bump up the outrage a notch or two.

Mine have been flawless.

#lovemyendurance

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post

Mine have been flawless.

#lovemyendurance
    . Mine were flawless until driving down the highway today at 70mph and the tire let go. I was very pleased with them before that. More pissed off that there is no warranty.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    . Mine were flawless until driving down the highway today at 70mph and the tire let go. I was very pleased with them before that. More pissed off that there is no warranty.
    I would question the tire shop about the warranty more than the tire. Defective parts happen, either there’s something else or it’s just poor service.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

Everybody said the Endurance tires were the best. So I took off my 8 year old Carlisle HD tires and replaced with brand new Endurance tires. The Endurance tires lasted about 500 miles and blew out. I had the trailer professionally aligned and they seemed perfect. Called Dobbs Tire who installed them and they said there is NO WARRANTY on my 26 day old tires. I have tire pressure monitors and they were at 64psi when they blew.
    Not happy to hear a report like this as I have recently purchased 9 of these tires, but there have been many positive reviews also. Just how many tires blew out? If the local shop is saying there is no warranty I would highly suggest contacting Good Year directly. From my experience GY is very good with responding to any question or issues regarding their product. Please keep us up to date regarding the status of your issue.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Islands View Post
    Not happy to hear a report like this as I have recently purchased 9 of these tires, but there have been many positive reviews also. Just how many tires blew out? If the local shop is saying there is no warranty I would highly suggest contacting Good Year directly. From my experience GY is very good with responding to any question or issues regarding their product. Please keep us up to date regarding the status of your issue.
    . Two tires blew. One on the left of the back axle and the other on the right of the front axle. Goodyear is sending me 4 new tires free of charge. I’ll give them another shot and have a completely different shop install them.

Who is eligible?

You are eligible for the benefits of this Limited Warranty if you meet all the following criteria:

• You are the owner or authorized agent of the owner of new Goodyear, Dunlop or Kelly highway auto or light truck tires
    • Your tires bear Department of Transportation prescribed tire identification numbers
    • Your tires have been used only on the vehicle on which they were originally installed according to the vehicle manufacturer's or Goodyear's recommendations

Light truck tires are defined as all tires identified with the "LT" designation in the sidewall stamping.

Coverage

What Is Covered and For How Long?

Free Tire Replacement

Any new Goodyear, Dunlop or Kelly highway radial auto, radial light truck tire or Special Trailer (ST) tire, covered by this policy, removed from service due to a covered warranty condition during the first 2/32" of usable tread or twelve months from date of purchase, whichever comes first, will be replaced with a comparable new Goodyear, Dunlop or Kelly tire at no charge, including mounting and balancing. (Without proof of purchase the date of manufacture will be used to determine eligibility.)

Might take a look at this.........Call Goodyear, evidently your "dealer" doesn't know anything. And you can always get another set of the great Carlisle back on. I've ran that junk, you can have them, I'll stay with the Endurance. 3 years now, no problem.

10. Member
    Update: Evidentially the Goodyear Endurance 215 75 r14 is on nationwide backorder until mid to late August.

Ps. Not very happy unless someone knows where to get one.

11. Member
    I’ve been extremely happy with my endurance tires.

12. Banned
    Another happy Endurance customer!!

13. Member
    64 psi in trailer tires?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rude150 View Post
    64 psi in trailer tires?
    The sidewall says 65.

64 psi in trailer tires?
    You do realize trailer tires are ST tires and run different tire pressure than passenger car tires.....
    I've have had some that have recommended 80 psi cold. Those I usually ran at about 75 lbs. The tires we have now say 65 lbs.

16. Member
    64 psi in trailer tires?
    The sidewall says 65.

I run 60lbs in my Endurance tires... Great product if you ask me.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Got mine last week from ETRAILER. got them sent to the house in less than 24 hours.

19. Member
    Your Endurance tire story, while disheartening to you, is definitely a minority experience.
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

20. Member
    The sidewall says 65.
    Trying to help you out here not add to your frustrations. What does the trailer sticker say about trailer load cold tire pressure? The recommended load cold tire pressure is what you should be running them at. Not always, actually more often not is the sidewall maximum air pressure the same as the recommended load cold tire pressure. I run the same Goodyears, yes they say max pressure is 65lbs on the sidewall, and my trailer sticker says maximum load cold tire pressure 50psi. I run mine right at 50psi and they will probably be replaced before they're visually half worn because of age. My last set of Goodyear Marathons, the good ones, were six years old and maybe half worn. If your maxing out a tire pressure cold, then you run down the road the pressure will increase sometimes a few lbs and sometimes several lbs. With this crazy heat that also needs to be factored in. Extreme heat increases tire pressure. The recommended cold tire pressure for your trailer is what I would follow not what the sidewall says.

Same concept on your truck or vehicle of choice. My truck tire sidewall says maximum cold psi 40lbs. The door jam says cold tire pressure front 30lbs and rear 33lbs. Yes part of that is the manufacturers comfort factor, but that is only one part of the equation, another part of the equation is how the vehicle carries the load. If I put all four of my truck tires at 40 psi cold it would feel like I'm riding around on rocks, not handle as well or carry the load as well. No different on your boat. Unless you have shocks on your trailer, your tires are your shocks. If I were to raise my boat trailer tires to 65 psi when the recommended psi is 50, it would be a huge difference on how it carries the load and most likely pull like a rock. Dont' hit a pot hole, a tire will blow out. Again just my feedback from a guy who use to do the same thing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast