Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    There was nothing in the tire. It was the back tire on a tandem trailer. The air pressure was monitored by my truck and just instantly went from 64lbs to 0 with no warning.
    As others have said, a good possibility of the front tire kicking up something and the back hitting it. But either way glad they stood behind it. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

2. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I have been running my Endurance at 60 to 65lbs and I think I'm gonna drop them to 55 cold and see if that is ok this is on a single axle Ranger Trail 1990 with a 300 series Ranger so should be good
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

3. Member
    Twitch, look at the chart for tire pressure in the Ranger forum. Do not guess, figure out your total package weight and then look at the chart for proper tire pressure.

4. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Thanks, didn't know there was a tire pressure chart in the Ranger forum I'll check it out and due accordingly
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

5. Member
    . Two tires blew. One on the left of the back axle and the other on the right of the front axle. Goodyear is sending me 4 new tires free of charge. I’ll give them another shot and have a completely different shop install them.

6. Member
    Nope not exactly correct. If the tire blew because of a quality issue, they are covered under warranty which is clearly stated on the Goodyear website. If you hit something or curbed the tire they would not be covered not unless you have a road hazard protection plan which you have buy at the time of tire purchase. If you think it is a workmanship issue then you need to contact Goodyear and if they agree I would find another tire dealer.
    Everybody said the Endurance tires were the best. So I took off my 8 year old Carlisle HD tires and replaced with brand new Endurance tires. The Endurance tires lasted about 500 miles and blew out. I had the trailer professionally aligned and they seemed perfect. Called Dobbs Tire who installed them and they said there is NO WARRANTY on my 26 day old tires. I have tire pressure monitors and they were at 64psi when they blew.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    Nope not exactly correct. If the tire blew because of a quality issue, they are covered under warranty which is clearly stated on the Goodyear website. If you hit something or curbed the tire they would not be covered not unless you have a road hazard protection plan which you have buy at the time of tire purchase. If you think it is a workmanship issue then you need to contact Goodyear and if they agree I would find another tire dealer.
    I think there is some meat in between the present and when this thread began that you must have overlooked.

8. Member
    Maybe so. Just responded to the original poster. Not going to read through 5 pages to see if the correct answer which I gave above was answered. If it was then sorry. The moderator needs to keep up and close the threads when answered.

9. Member
    I have had the Goodyear Endurance tires on my trailer for 2 years with no problems. This year I have towed it around 2000 miles. Always keep inflated to 65psi as recommended by the tire dealer. I am towing a Ranger 177TR which is light compared to the 18-21 foot boats. I am totally satisfied with the tires.

10. Member
    Goodyear has a chart that states exactly what pressure to run for the weight and size of the tire. Max PSI is just what the tire can hold. Not the recommended running pressure. Hence the sticker in the door seal for vehicles that states the running pressure. If you over inflate you are running the risk of a blow out just as much as under inflation. Check out the chart put out by Goodyear that builds the product many of us use and be sure to follow that as best as you can to minimize the risk of failure. Which is also different than eliminating failure. Failures of any and all products happen. We are all just looking to minimize the rate of failure and these tires are a pretty darn good investment to do just that.

Hopefully this link works: https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/rv_inflation.pdf
    2004 Ranger 185VS
    2004 150 HP Mercury EFI

11. Member
    Check out GoodYears new tolerance policy. There will be no more Goodyear tires on my equipment.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBurke View Post
    Goodyear has a chart that states exactly what pressure to run for the weight and size of the tire. Max PSI is just what the tire can hold. Not the recommended running pressure. Hence the sticker in the door seal for vehicles that states the running pressure. If you over inflate you are running the risk of a blow out just as much as under inflation. Check out the chart put out by Goodyear that builds the product many of us use and be sure to follow that as best as you can to minimize the risk of failure. Which is also different than eliminating failure. Failures of any and all products happen. We are all just looking to minimize the rate of failure and these tires are a pretty darn good investment to do just that.

Hopefully this link works: https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/rv_inflation.pdf
    Well, technically, it’s not telling you what pressure to run depending on your weight. It just states the maximum load at a given pressure. I wouldn’t run the pressure for my total weight load, I would definitely err on the side of caution and go up a couple of levels above my weight load. But personally I run near max pressure rating on my tires, not endurance though.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345