Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked247 View Post
    Trying to help you out here not add to your frustrations. What does the trailer sticker say about trailer load cold tire pressure? The recommended load cold tire pressure is what you should be running them at. Not always, actually more often not is the sidewall maximum air pressure the same as the recommended load cold tire pressure. I run the same Goodyears, yes they say max pressure is 65lbs on the sidewall, and my trailer sticker says maximum load cold tire pressure 50psi. I run mine right at 50psi and they will probably be replaced before they're visually half worn because of age. My last set of Goodyear Marathons, the good ones, were six years old and maybe half worn. If your maxing out a tire pressure cold, then you run down the road the pressure will increase sometimes a few lbs and sometimes several lbs. With this crazy heat that also needs to be factored in. Extreme heat increases tire pressure. The recommended cold tire pressure for your trailer is what I would follow not what the sidewall says.

Same concept on your truck or vehicle of choice. My truck tire sidewall says maximum cold psi 40lbs. The door jam says cold tire pressure front 30lbs and rear 33lbs. Yes part of that is the manufacturers comfort factor, but that is only one part of the equation, another part of the equation is how the vehicle carries the load. If I put all four of my truck tires at 40 psi cold it would feel like I'm riding around on rocks, not handle as well or carry the load as well. No different on your boat. Unless you have shocks on your trailer, your tires are your shocks. If I were to raise my boat trailer tires to 65 psi when the recommended psi is 50, it would be a huge difference on how it carries the load and most likely pull like a rock. Dont' hit a pot hole, a tire will blow out. Again just my feedback from a guy who use to do the same thing.
    All good advice BUT I have tire pressure monitors on the trailer tires and that tire was at 64PSI when it blew.

2. Member
    I have 8 endurance trailer tires and going on 3 years ,no issues run them at 55 psi

3. Member
    Update: I talked to Goodyear today and they are going to handle all the costs associated with replacing this tire. The one problem is that this tire is not available anywhere until September, therefore I have to buy another tire from another manufacturer at my costs until the Goodyear endurance is available again. Size tire is 215 75 R14 Great customer service from Goodyear but tires are not available for replacement.

Did you check tire rack.com?

Post your size, I bet somebody can find you one

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Hooked 247......My trailer sticker says 50 also but that was with the 205/75r/14, load range C. They were rated for 50psi but the endurance is rated for 65psi. I now run 215/75r/14 and the tire pressure is 65psi as it says on the sidewall. But these are load range D and definitely not rated for 50psi. So there is where your difference is as in mine also. If you running Goodyear Endurance load range D they should be at 65psi. The old Marathons, load range C did run 50psi.

Discount Tire has one in stock @ $123.00 for the 215/75r/14.

Simple tire has Them in stock for $122.99 for the 215/75r/14

Walmart has them available by July 15, I believe they were $118

Don't know why you can't find one & if you talk to Goodyear they will reimburse you for your cost.
    These were just a few I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    I have 8 endurance trailer tires and going on 3 years ,no issues run them at 55 psi
    Same here, but I only have 4 tires. 55psi as well.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Same here. Both the boat and service trailer see heavy use and highway speed. Not a moments issue in 3 yrs

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    Hooked 247......My trailer sticker says 50 also but that was with the 205/75r/14, load range C. They were rated for 50psi but the endurance is rated for 65psi. I now run 215/75r/14 and the tire pressure is 65psi as it says on the sidewall. But these are load range D and definitely not rated for 50psi. So there is where your difference is as in mine also. If you running Goodyear Endurance load range D they should be at 65psi. The old Marathons, load range C did run 50psi.
    Yes indeed, certainly if the tire size or load range changes it will change your operating psi. I think I may have misunderstood. Interesting, I run mine at 50 psi even though they’re rated at 65 psi and my boat pulls identical to the previous Marathons, and the biggest thing is they’re wearing just as good as the Marathons did.

10. Member
    I do have to mention that owners should be aware of the highway speeds that tires are limited to. Typically the cheaper the tire the lower the speed. Endurance tires are around 80 MPH I believe. Exceeding that speed especially on hot pavement can spell disaster for the best tires.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    Discount Tire has one in stock @ $123.00 for the 215/75r/14.

Simple tire has Them in stock for $122.99 for the 215/75r/14

Walmart has them available by July 15, I believe they were $118

Don't know why you can't find one & if you talk to Goodyear they will reimburse you for your cost.
    These were just a few I checked.
    while on the phone with a Goodyear their nationwide search resulted in nothing available, they checked Dobbs Tire and Auto and nothing, then checked NTB and nothing, then they checked Tire Rack and nothing. I did my own search and found some at etrailer and have them coming.. kindof disheartening that my month old tires and I am going through this crap. Had my boat for 20 years now, the first 6 were Goodyear Marathons, the second set of Marathons lasted only two years then went to a no name brand (I think Tow Max) that lasted 4 years my Carlisle Radial HD lasted 7 years and they were worn out so just went to Endurance and two of them lasted a month. They seemed great until yesterday and had two blowouts on different sides and different axles. Goodyear Customer Service was excellent so hopefully the replacements come and I can forget about tires for a while.

It's a shame you had those problems. I guess problems can arise with everything. Hopefully your next set will be excellent. Actually, this is the first I heard of problems with these tires but as my father used to say, "if man makes it, it can and will break".
    Good luck with these and let know how they do for you.

2012– Guys were running Kumho LT tires on trailers, I believe they were 10 ply. I bought 4 of them. First few trips they were great. Windy blacktop roads, the trailer held the road like the Michelin’s on the pick up. Then the first one——belt separation, tire was the shape of an egg. Tread, showed zero wear, not even 1/32 worn. Replaced under warranty. A month later the second tire did the same thing, no wear, replaced under warranty. A few months after the second tire the third tire separated———- enough. Now I have two New Kumho tires on the trailer so I bought two Carlisle Tires. Ran them for 2 years and replaced them with Endurance tires this year.

14. MTPOCKITS

I ran those of my Silverado at one time. Not good wear IMHO. For that price I'd get Endurance witch are trailer tires (ST).

16. Member
    Well, my frustrations were warranted but GoodYear made it right and they are reimbursing me all the costs associated with my replacements. Off this weekend to see how they do.

17. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Keep us advised.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

18. Member
    The tires are Doing well. It was an ordeal to get the replacement and wasn’t expecting to have to replace them for a long time.

19. Member
    If tires are over inflated can cause blowoutsGoodyear Endurance Load and Inflation Table.jpg
    2016 Nitro Z18 175 ProXS Atlas 8" 24 Fury

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by agrigus View Post
    If tires are over inflated can cause blowoutsGoodyear Endurance Load and Inflation Table.jpg
    Best advice in this thread. Get your loaded trailer weighed. Run pressure according to the chart above. Higher pressure and you have less contact patch with increased localized temps. Lower pressure and you have increased rolling resistance with increased overall temps.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast