I Need Recommendations on New Prop

I have a 2016 Bass Tracker 175 TXW with 60HP four stroke engine. Plaining off is slow with only two people and I am unable to pull the kids on a tube very well. I am thinking about getting another prop and need some recommendations. I have the 3 blade prop that came with the boat when I bought it used a few months ago. Would a 4 blade help? What pitch? I was looking at a 13 Pitch 4 blade splitfire. If you have this prop please give me some feedback. Thanks

image0.jpeg

2. Member
    What prop came with the boat and what are those performance numbers?

I have heard if going with the Spitfire the 14P is the right one but... depending on how you answer the above and the fact you intend to tow with it, its possible you could be served better by the 13P?

I do not have any personal experience with the Spitfire, but can tell you a 13P Trophy Sport is a pretty good match for my PT 175 TF and 60HP... I have pulled tube, ski, and wake-board, not that I recommend it as a towboat, just saying it can be done. Compared to the Black Max 14P that came stock I lost 2 Mph off the top end, 38Mph GPS stock to 36 Trophy Sport but hole-shot improved substantially when there is a bit more load. I used to be able to trim twice as far with the stock prop but the Trophy Sport is hitting 6K much sooner on the trim gauge.

Glenn will probably pop in here and suggest the 13P Trophy Sport as well.
    Last edited by R2Tracker; 07-07-2020 at 04:27 PM.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

3. Member
    After searching I found out I have a Blackmax 10 3/8 x 14P prop on there now. Not sure about the performance numbers. Never see it go over 6000 rpm. Will a 13P be better than a 14P or do I have the best prop for what I am looking for?

In the spitfire, go with the 14p. But yes you can’t beat a 13p trophy sport.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

5. Member
    Do you have the best prop, for what your looking for... absolutely not.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

6. Member
    Spitfires are expensive for what they are, look into the Turning Point Props Husler aluminium 4 blade, much cheaper than the Spitfire and it performs just as good or better.

7. Member
    Show us one that fits the 60 with standard gear case.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Tracker View Post
    Show us one that fits the 60 with standard gear case.
    What is the standard size gearcase on those?

9. Member
    Not sure, guess I would have to measure this weekend.

Turning Point Prop Wizard did not show any 4 blade props available for 60hp unless I select a BF/CT model.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

10. Member
    Might try better load distribution and moving some weight to the front of the boat. Also might think about putting a whale tail on to help keep the boats nose down while towing and help you get on plane faster. Both thing I am going to do before messing with switching prop switches on my 2020 pro 175 TXW with 60hp. I have just ordered a tube and will be testing out soon. I know I'm pulling with a boat with less than max rated HP on it to begin with but seems the two suggestions above are highly recommended over on Iboat forums for my (and your) situation and seem to be workable solutions for people in a similar situation.
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture