Question Bass AND Striper Lake in ETN?

Is there a good lake within reasonable driving distance from Loudon where you can fish for both bass and striper? Another way to put the question is "where can I catch striper in the main lake?". I know that you can fish immediately downstream of the dams, but I am wondering if there are areas upstream of the dams?

2. Member
    You're on one, pal. Actually two if you travel over to the Loudon side. Have caught quite a few on the lower end of both lakes on various bass baits; deep cranks, soft swimmers, A-rig, big walking topwaters, etc. Quite a few fish for them with live bait in the canal connecting the two lakes. They follow the shad schools and will definitely test your bass tackle.

3. Member
    I live in Loudon. You have 2 launch ramps that will put you on both. there is a ramp in downtown loudon near the police station and you can run up river to the dam for stripers or go downstream for both. the other ramp is up highway 72 and about 3 miles after you cross over highway 75 called Pole Cat, just past the dump a mile. there is 2 good paved ramps and run south and fish for everything. I fish bass but have caught 6 to 8 lb stripers while doing so.

Dan, you can catch them on Watts Bar, Loudon, and Tellico "IF" you know where and how. Make some friends, ask people at the ramp, and get the low-down on where they are and what they are doing. A good friend used to catch them on Watts Bar regularly (in the 30# class) by finding them on sonar and then trolling through the school. This was down near the dam.

In the Fall they will feed on the surface and are much easier to find.