1995 merc 200 Xri constant beeeeep

s/n 0G228379
    1995 Merc 200 EFI Xri

Getting a constant beeeeeeep horn with the engine cold sitting in the driveway as soon as key is turned to ON position. However, at other times I get the correct beep cycle that indicates all is good. The owners book states constant beeeeeep is engine high temp and beep beep beep is oil related.. I have unplugged both sensors and still get a constant alarm. I have replaced both sensors as well as the ignition and the alarm module itself. Still get intermittent solid alarm sound. I have traced out all wiring looking for short (ground) and all wires appear good. Oil system is still intact on this motor just like it was the day it was built.
    I believe the problem to the warning module (Merc part # 41470A25) or the Controller Assembly detonation (Merc part # 14856A14)

However, before I replaced the ignition, I could slightly wiggle the key and the alarm would stop. I realize I'm all over the place with symptoms/possibilities. Has anyone else experienced the same issue.?
    oil system appears fine. Remote tank is full. Oil tank under cowling is good. Also have disconected wires from engine mounted oil tank and still had alarm. In other words I have isolated/unplugged every sensor (heat or oil) and still get constant alarm....and then at times I turn the key and it beeps as if all is good!!! frustrating to say the least.
    any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    So have you replaced the Oil Warning Module, or not?

Unplugged the WATER IN FUEL sensor or make sure it's not triggering this?

Problem is likely the warning module itself (or a faulty ground).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I have not replaced the oil warning module. I did unplug the water in fuel sensor from the bottom of the spin on filter and the alarm kept going.
    A point of confusion....if the constant beeeeep indicates heat....then would a malfuction with anything oil related also send a constant beeeeeep to the alarm?

4. Member
    forget detonation module, oil module as stated likely cause
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    When you speak of oil module ...you mean the square box mounted at back of engine.??...NOT the oil tank cap that has the oil level sensor. By oil module I mean part number 41470A25. Just making sure you and I are defining the "oil module" as the same animal.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes- Part# 41470A25 is the Oil Warning Module.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Thanks to all that responded. Don, you helped me a few years back with an issue. Thanks again.
    Joe54 I see are from the same woods....?
    Great forum!
    Terry

8. Member
    Don I sent you a PM

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Responded here, in PM and I believe an email as well.