2019 Triton TRX PATRIOT ELITE VS 2019 SKEETER FX21

Hey guys, I’m looking at getting new boat and have These two boats narrowed down. They are both priced exactly the same and just any thoughts on which one rides better in rough water, fishes better (turning tight corners around docks etc). And just everyone’s overall opinion
    Thanks!

Now I’m personally not a Skeeter Boats guy.. so hands down the Triton for me. One major turn off I have with Skeeter is to lift up any compartment and look at the contact point and channels below. The sub-floor if you will. It’s not fiberglass and looks bad to me. Lots of smaller details that I too don’t choose over Triton but I’m not going to sound as if I’m bashing. The second in fact isn’t the boat, it’s the motor. Again, hands down “if” the Triton has a Mercury ProXS it’s the only choice for myself over a SHO and Evinrude.

You don’t mention the exact boat of the Triton, but all of the 19,20,& 21’s are fine boats. Great fishing platform, handles water well and overall a fast boat set up correctly. Leg room underneath console is favorable and seating is comfortable. Overall just a solid performance and fishing machine.

Another factor which is of utmost importance is your dealer network for servicing and maintenance needs so make sure you have that covered nicely as well.

Good luck!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattbassmaster View Post
    Hey guys, I’m looking at getting new boat and have These two boats narrowed down. They are both priced exactly the same and just any thoughts on which one rides better in rough water, fishes better (turning tight corners around docks etc). And just everyone’s overall opinion
    Thanks!
    I looked at both a few years back and decided I liked the Skeeter better. A lot of it is personal preference and I did not like how low I sat in the cockpit of the Triton. I also prefer the SHO over the Merc so that was another reason. Go sit in both or flip a coin. You will be happy

4. Banned
    Best timeto own a Skeeter is in the middle of the summer, your guaranteed to stay cool from getting wet.

5. Member
    I've owned both a Triton and a Skeeter. I liked both. The Triton feels more sporty, you have to definitely drive it more at full throttle. The Skeeter is extremely stable at full throttle and has no chine walk. Skeeters tend to porpoise at low speeds, you must trim all the way down before driving at 30mph.
    Brad Krone

6. Member
    Comparing triton to the FX..? Triton for sure with everything all ur concerns. As far as sittin on the floor...u can now get a 3” riser from triton and that completely fixes that issue. Now if u wanna compare it to the ZXR...I can’t help ya there. I hear a lot of good things about that boat, but I have no personal experience in one of those. A big big plus for me with triton is the livewells. All of my tritons have always kept the fish very lively all day and there’s no damn flowright valve u have to mess with either and worry about the cable acting up like they have on MOST other boats. Just turn the knob or push the button and ur good to go.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasMan250 View Post
    Best timeto own a Skeeter is in the middle of the summer, your guaranteed to stay cool from getting wet.

You couldn’t be any further from the truth

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by waknbass View Post
    You couldn’t be any further from the truth
    Was in a new FXR last week idling into a 20mph wind and yes it was wet, once it was up on pad the boat rode well.