Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    What is an update on this thread. I know at one time Ranger was replacing problem hulls with a brand new hull.... But with the factory and probably customer service moving to Lebanon I expect to see changes - and not for the better.

Any update?? There has been plenty of time.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    What is an update on this thread. I know at one time Ranger was replacing problem hulls with a brand new hull.... But with the factory and probably customer service moving to Lebanon I expect to see changes - and not for the better.

Any update?? There has been plenty of time.
    Still no word from Ranger or my dealer I have called and texted my dealer a few times and haven't reached the owner. Going to try and call again today.

3. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinrat View Post
    Still no word from Ranger or my dealer I have called and texted my dealer a few times and haven't reached the owner. Going to try and call again today.
    Oh boy.....
    Good luck. I need to crawl under mine, she took a good wave pounding last Sunday racing to get back to the weigh-in.... Which was to no avail
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

UPDATE!!!

So here is an update.....

Boat was picked up a little over two weeks ago by Ranger. I had to remove a bunch of stuff that was bolted down to the boat. Trying to find out if the dealer is charging Ranger for the work I did if they are I am going to let them know not to pay it to them since I did the work. Wasn't happy about that. I was only told to come up and sign a release paper and when I got there I was told I had to remove a bunch of things from the boat.

But doing this did afford me a chance to take some picture of the inside in the area where the hull was torn and I was able to quickly spot some broken welds. Also showed a buddy of my mine who is a welding expert and can name his price anywhere in the country and get work he is that good. And his exact quote was .... "Is this your boat? If so I am so sorry man this should have never left the factory" Basically it came down to bad prepwork to clean the areas that are being welded together.

Also found a bus bar that was just flopping around that was just glued somewhere inside the front of the hull.

Pictures are attached.

I have called ranger more then a few times waiting for someone who has knowledge and the power to call me back to chat with me going on two weeks now for that phone or email back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Geez, makes you wonder what you can’t see that is under foam. Good luck with the repair and keep updating.

FYI, the buss bar in the bow of my boat was loose too. I hope you did not look inside your helm as Ranger did a poor wiring job in there too!
    I feel lucky as my boat has taken some good poundings and still I have not found any structural issues.
    Seems like Ranger and I am sure all others have the same long list of items that could disqualify the "Lifetime Warranty".
    Good luck getting your issues resolved.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

7. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    ...I feel lucky as my boat has taken some good poundings and still I have not found any structural issues.
    X2!

Good luck to the OP
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinrat View Post
    Heading to the dealer today to drop off my boat. On July 1st I noticed I was taking on water. Got home filled the hull and found a tear. Took a bunch of pictures yesterday and some video. I sent them the letter with the images and video of the issue. Even tapped around under the boat and found an area where a weld is that sounds like an internal failure may also be a foot. Here hoping Ranger Warranty is as good as I hear. I never hit anything to my knowledge there are no signs of impact.

The tear is about 18 to 24 inches long right along the weld.

Attachment 415829
    ARE YOU RUNNING A 150 ON THAT BOAT?
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

9. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    ARE YOU RUNNING A 150 ON THAT BOAT?
    Yes he is, 150 Optimax
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

Yes a 2 stroke Pro XS

11. Member
    My buddy sent his back to Ranger for repairs months ago. Was told 4 weeks ago it was finished and still no boat. Just how long does it take to ship a boat?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishingram24 View Post
    My buddy sent his back to Ranger for repairs months ago. Was told 4 weeks ago it was finished and still no boat. Just how long does it take to ship a boat?
    Some people been waiting for 8 weeks to get there boat pickup to have repairs done

I have been really slammed with the day Job but here is the update on the boat. The quick and short its back (roughly 3 weeks ago) but we have some problems!

14. Member
    Was the repair work done in Flippin or in Lebanon? Not that it matters I guess but just curious.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

Some place in MO I am hearing Flippin has been closed down fully.

16. Member
    That would be Lebanon. The new Rangers made there have been arriving at dealers over the past few weeks so it looks like the move from Flippin is complete.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

17. Banned
    Had a read of this thread and viewed buddies video. Not trying to make excuses, bash ranger (I'm a ranger owner), or bash the OP but doesn't this guy fish lake st. Clair exclusively? Not for anything but if a lake this size was my home waters a ranger 198p wouldn't be my choice. I get it, not everyone can afford a 21 ft glass rig, me included but what did you expect? I've seen my buddies 20 and 21 ft glass rigs take a beating on those water bodies I can imagine what it will do to a boat like this. Man, the stress and twisting that hull property took on some those waves, no way will a weld hold. I can remember sitting next to my buddy on his 20 ft ranger on Lake Ontario and parts of his boat flying off as we smashed into 4 foot waves. I don't know man, if the hull is failing then ranger should do better but putting the hull through conditions that are common on lakes like st. Clair... you have to wonder.

18. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Nice video, your issues are minor, unacceptable, but minor.
    Hopefully they knocked it out of the park with repair and enhanced structure, keep us in the loop please.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

19. Member
    Hopefully white river marine group repair the weld. This would hurt the resale I would think.

20. Member
    I never got any leverage when I had a manufacturing issue with my Lowe Stinger 18HP. Calling and emails were ignored. I wrote a letter to Brunswick, copied to Mercury and Lowe. Two weeks later, I posted my letter on Lowe's Facebook Page. 9 hours later, I got a phone call and, the following week, my boat was carried to the factory, all my gear taken off and installed on the new boat, and shipped back - NO CHARGE. The Marketing folks are much more sensitive about customer service.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast