Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Southern Cross Crappie
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    I never got any leverage when I had a manufacturing issue with my Lowe Stinger 18HP. Calling and emails were ignored. I wrote a letter to Brunswick, copied to Mercury and Lowe. Two weeks later, I posted my letter on Lowe's Facebook Page. 9 hours later, I got a phone call and, the following week, my boat was carried to the factory, all my gear taken off and installed on the new boat, and shipped back - NO CHARGE. The Marketing folks are much more sensitive about customer service.
    I ordered a "Coin Box" center console for my 198p when I picked it up in late May. Got nada on when to expect it from the dealer or Ranger. Finally, after about 5 months of nonsense, I got really pissed and called White River Marine. Couple weeks later, my coin box was on it's way. Might have been a coincidence?

2. Southern Cross Crappie
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    Had a read of this thread and viewed buddies video. Not trying to make excuses, bash ranger (I'm a ranger owner), or bash the OP but doesn't this guy fish lake st. Clair exclusively? Not for anything but if a lake this size was my home waters a ranger 198p wouldn't be my choice. I get it, not everyone can afford a 21 ft glass rig, me included but what did you expect? I've seen my buddies 20 and 21 ft glass rigs take a beating on those water bodies I can imagine what it will do to a boat like this. Man, the stress and twisting that hull property took on some those waves, no way will a weld hold. I can remember sitting next to my buddy on his 20 ft ranger on Lake Ontario and parts of his boat flying off as we smashed into 4 foot waves. I don't know man, if the hull is failing then ranger should do better but putting the hull through conditions that are common on lakes like st. Clair... you have to wonder.
    That thought has also crossed my mind. I tore some stuff up on my Javelin glass boat years ago running big water like an idiot. Also broke a weld on my G3 running big water like an idiot. Finally learned to take it easier on big waves. Both times, 100% my fault. And, it doesn't have to be one of the great lakes. This was on my 7K acre home water. Big waves are big waves.

3. Member
    He said he had it back but had problems....I wish people would not come here and complain and then not finish the story.

What's the deal???? Good repair, replacement....happy???? What????
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    He said he had it back but had problems....I wish people would not come here and complain and then not finish the story.

What's the deal???? Good repair, replacement....happy???? What????
    He posted a video which describes the issues and at the end he talks about the solutions that the dealer was providing.
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

5. Member
    If you read his last post and watch the video, he never really finished the story. He complained about some small things that were a "problem" but he never came back to his post to explain if and how they were resolved.... Also, the boat had not even been taken out on the water yet unless I missed something, which is surely possible. And once again, the boat had not been put in the water ... I just thought a post wrapping everything up would have been appropriate.... Were the little things fixed? Did the boat ride and sound like he expected? Did it end up costing him anything after all was said and done? Did it leak after the repair when he got off the water? I was just looking for a conclusion I guess....other than just finally getting it back...
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

6. Member
    If you read his last post and watch the video, he never really finished the story. He complained about some small things that were a "problem" but he never came back to his post to explain if and how they were resolved.... Also, the boat had not even been taken out on the water yet unless I missed something, which is surely possible. And once again, the boat had not been put in the water ... I just thought a post wrapping everything up would have been appropriate.... Were the little things fixed? Did the boat ride and sound like he expected? Did it end up costing him anything after all was said and done? Did it leak after the repair when he got off the water? I was just looking for a conclusion I guess....other than just finally getting it back...
    WOW...sounds like you’re really upset about this. Calm down, it’ll be ok. 😁

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    I never got any leverage when I had a manufacturing issue with my Lowe Stinger 18HP. Calling and emails were ignored. I wrote a letter to Brunswick, copied to Mercury and Lowe. Two weeks later, I posted my letter on Lowe's Facebook Page. 9 hours later, I got a phone call and, the following week, my boat was carried to the factory, all my gear taken off and installed on the new boat, and shipped back - NO CHARGE. The Marketing folks are much more sensitive about customer service.
    Totally agree. I had a 2017 Lowe Tritoon with a leaky center pontoon log, I was originally told it'd be 6-8 weeks for it to go back to the factory to be fixed.. Then I got on FB in a Lowe boat owners group and made a little noise about it, within a day I was in contact with someone at the factory and they got it back to me in 3 weeks, just in time for our vacation at Table Rock Lake. I was completely satisfied with Lowe and the dealer. Later that year my dad bought a new Lowe boat from the same dealer. Service after the sale is everything.

I currently have a 2020 Ranger VX1788, it arrived very late on a different trailer and with a pretty long list of QC issues and warranty problems. The dealer took care of everything they could get parts for. It has been a major cluster F__ getting parts, or even the right parts, from Ranger. The last part I'm waiting on is a TM pedal tray, it's been on order since August, with no ETA. I'll buy from the dealer again, but this is my last Ranger.

Had a read of this thread and viewed buddies video. Not trying to make excuses, bash ranger (I'm a ranger owner), or bash the OP but doesn't this guy fish lake st. Clair exclusively? Not for anything but if a lake this size was my home waters a ranger 198p wouldn't be my choice. I get it, not everyone can afford a 21 ft glass rig, me included but what did you expect? I've seen my buddies 20 and 21 ft glass rigs take a beating on those water bodies I can imagine what it will do to a boat like this. Man, the stress and twisting that hull property took on some those waves, no way will a weld hold. I can remember sitting next to my buddy on his 20 ft ranger on Lake Ontario and parts of his boat flying off as we smashed into 4 foot waves. I don't know man, if the hull is failing then ranger should do better but putting the hull through conditions that are common on lakes like st. Clair... you have to wonder.
    I do not fish St. Clair exclusively I go to many lakes with shit ramps and the light weight boat makes it easier getting on and off the trailer.plus I wanted a large format but on a single axle trailer also due to getting it into my driveway. Much easier then a tandem

just and FYI for you I am a fishing tackle sales rep (day job) and got extremely busy trying to write several million dollars of orders for my 100 or so customers here in Michigan that are totally cleaned out because everyone is out fishing. 12 to 14 hour order writing meeting with tackle shops of all sizes tends to fill up your days. Then I took a two week break (x-mas and New Years) to spend it with family after three solid months on the road working. I just got back from working 10 days in the warehouse trying to expedite my 100 customers ice orders cause well that season is crazy short and product it is very scarce. And product for the open water season is looking to be like late summer where your local tackle store couldn’t fill half there pegs but this time the whole year will be like that.

so like I said in the video I will make a video and plan on doing it really soon once all issues have been resolved. I will layout the entire process and event that happen. I spent my time pushing the rep, ranger and dealer to resolve this issues instead of posting on here so you have a nice pretty beginning middle and end. Patience young cricket

i hope your area of the country has sales rep like me trying to keep your local shops full of product.
    Last edited by raisinrat; 01-16-2021 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Hopefully white river marine group repair the weld. This would hurt the resale I would think.
    The repaired weld on the bottom of the boat looks like it was done extremely well. They repainted the whole bottom of the boat and looks great. Do to my day job and cold temps and extremely limited amount of time home over the past three and half months I haven’t water tested it my self yet.

they did a lot of reinforcing inside along with rewelding the broken welds.
    Last edited by raisinrat; 01-16-2021 at 08:52 PM.

11. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Rat - Based on your experience, would you buy another Ranger?
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    Rat - Based on your experience, would you buy another Ranger?
    I can tell you for sure at this point I do not plan on buying another boat from the dealer I bought this boat from.

Now on the question at hand on if I would by another Ranger or not I think that will depend heavily on the dealer and how they handle things. Once my boat got there Ranger didn’t give me the runaround on the repair work. I would have rather had a new hull, but I can see it from their stand point let’s reinforce the weak area and fix the welds that failed. Hopefully this will be the last time it needs to go back for hull work. If it has to go back I will be demanding a new hull. Then that might official turn me off from Ranger for good.

www.jcdropshot.com
    Tight Lines, Happy Casting

Quote Originally Posted by raisinrat View Post
    I can tell you for sure at this point I do not plan on buying another boat from the dealer I bought this boat from.

Now on the question at hand on if I would by another Ranger or not I think that will depend heavily on the dealer and how they handle things. Once my boat got there Ranger didn’t give me the runaround on the repair work. I would have rather had a new hull, but I can see it from their stand point let’s reinforce the weak area and fix the welds that failed. Hopefully this will be the last time it needs to go back for hull work. If it has to go back I will be demanding a new hull. Then that might official turn me off from Ranger for good.
    well I figured I should up date this thread. The fix didn’t hold. Had a three battle with them for a replacement.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=tDJ3JL1N8uQ&feature=sharec
    www.jcdropshot.com
    Tight Lines, Happy Casting

15. Member
    I call bull my 2000 Crestliner 182 Tournament Series welded hull has been on Erie, Lake Michigan, Green Bay and Lake of the Woods. 23 years old and not a single crack there are tons of tin boats running these waters without issues.

16. Member
    Usually in the warranty it states that shipping/delivery back to the factory is a responsibility of the owner and this goes across just about all manufactures. If the manufacturer happens to have a delivery truck going close by or going to a dealership in the area they will try and get the boat on their truck to bring it back but that's not always an option. And the same goes for returning the boat, if the company can they will get it on a return truck but a lot of times the customer needs to make arrangements to get the boat to the factory and picking it back up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123