Thread: 1992 201pro

1992 201pro

So my problem is that my dash isn’t working. I found this piece under the dash and figured this is the culprit. Problem is I can’t find a diagram for the wiring of it. It’s a 15 pin plug. I got wiring diagram from C&O marine but they really don’t help any. Has anyone else ever messed with this part or took it out and wired in a fuse block in its place? If so how did you wire it?

2. Member

Quote Originally Posted by water_thief View Post
    So my problem is that my dash isn’t working. I found this piece under the dash and figured this is the culprit. Problem is I can’t find a diagram for the wiring of it. It’s a 15 pin plug. I got wiring diagram from C&O marine but they really don’t help any. Has anyone else ever messed with this part or took it out and wired in a fuse block in its place? If so how did you wire it?
    Is your the early model 201 Pro XL that ran from the 80's or the later model that ran into the late 90's (like mine in my signature)? Those look like circuit breakers, something Stratos boats pioneered before many other brands came along. Your main breaker may just be bad, but they all look a little shabby. Good thing is that style of circuit breaker is cheap and it would be easy to just replace them all. Try to find some numbers on them and order some replacements through Amazon or go down to the local auto parts store and see what they have in stock. As long you replace them one at a time, you shouldn't have to worry too much about what wire goes where. I also have the wiring diagrams which can help you by identifying the color of the wire that goes to each item. Good luck!
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI