Nautical smart tabs??

Just seen nauticus smart tabs on sale in Cabelas bargain cave 59.00 for 40# model(sx9510-40 bl)
    I am having some issues with my underpowered alumicraft 145 tiller (20 up suzuki). Think these might help?? Thanks!!

2. Member
    Have you tried a lower pitch prop yet?

3. Member
    Smart Tabs. I put them on three different small boats. Worked like a charm on all of them. Better hole shot; Slower idling while still on plane; no more porpoising.

Not sure what issues you are having, but Tabs (any tabs) can be a great solution. Just look at every quality flats boat; and big off shore boats...all have Tabs of some sort.

Adjustable tabs (Lenco; Bennett) cost more and do more, but for my 16/17 ft. boats Smart Tabs worked out fine. I do NOT have them on my 17 ft. Lowe because it doesn't seem to need them so far.

4. Member
    No Tim haven't gotten the boat out in weeks. Work and scheduled stuff is keeping me off the water and off the kawasaki. Going outside to look at boat in a bit.
    Thanks for the info rich. Gotta see if I got room for them. Got one of those transducer blocks glued right in the middle of everything.

5. Member
    Well I got room for the tabs. Would be more to the outside of the transom.
    Tim, I went out to the driveway and raised motor another 3/4" . I also put the motor back down to the lowest trim position. I am leaving the bigger prop on for now and see how it goes. Next time out i will bring the 9" with me too and change it on the water. My thought is now that the bigger prop and smart tabs might be just what the doctor ordered. Gonna call Cabelas after I get paid this weekend.

6. Member
    The farther outside you mount Tabs (any tabs) the better they will work for you.

If you fish in any extremely shallow areas, also hook up the "manual pull-ups". That feature is simply 2 cables or cords that allow you to pull the Tabs all the way up if you have to back out of a slough that is only a few inches deep. I NEVER had to use that feature in my 3 boats, even though most of my fishing was salt water flats.

Their videos and manuals are pretty simple and explanatory. Have fun.

p.s. be sure to buy the right size for your boat. I bought a set that was one size too heavy my first install. The company was great, and allowed me to swap out the actuators for a proper size. Bigger does NOT make better.... in every case.

7. Member
    Thanks for the info. I missed the good sale price at cabelas. Seen them good price on ebay. I got these on my asap list.