Thread: SHLL / Hyliion

Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

SHLL / Hyliion

If the Hyliion story is legit, then this company could be really big in the near future. Looks like they take an existing tractor trailer and modify it to make it a Nat Gas, electric, diesel hybrid. They might be the answer to dealing with increased pollution regulations for commercial trucks. Maybe a stepping stone from todays truck to a full electric truck in the future.

Instead of doing an IPO they are going public by SPAC. I'm new to the whole SPAC thing but it worked for NKLA, Virgin Galactic, Draftkings. I'm not familiar with the risks of a SPAC, so don't take my word for it.

I'm hesitant with the Hyliion story. Sounds like it might be too good to be true. They are definitely optimistic with their future, but who isn't. Atleast they have an actual product, and currently have some trucks on the road. So a much better setup than NKLA who has nothing but a dream. And we saw what the NKLA stock did.

Worth a look................

Anybody have any thoughts on the SPAC thing, how it works?
    Thanos was the hero

2. Member
    I was reading about them the other day. With the market the way it is now, I'm sure it will have a huge run. Do you know when are they going public? TSLA is getting out of sight, and with the run that WKHS and BLNK and others have had, one like that with a plan could really skyrocket.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    I was reading about them the other day. With the market the way it is now, I'm sure it will have a huge run. Do you know when are they going public? TSLA is getting out of sight, and with the run that WKHS and BLNK and others have had, one like that with a plan could really skyrocket.

September is the expected date for when SHLL would start trading as Hyliion.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    September is the expected date for when SHLL would start trading as Hyliion.
    Hmmm ok. I’ve been waiting for air bnbs ipo it’s supposed to happen this year too

5. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN24F1EC

I'm sure many more states will join this movement. Bullish for electric tech
    Thanos was the hero