Is anybody fishing lately?

With the heat I just can’t get myself going to drive to the lake for 1.5 hours to fish 2 hours and then drive 1.5 hours back home.
    I haven’t had the boat out in a month.
    So it has been a lot of early golf lately.
    I have been able to get the grandkids out on the fishing pond at the golf course several mornings or evenings. They have caught enough to keep them busy. Previously we fished rivers out off kayaks for two multi-day trips and had a lot of fun.
    My third grandson finally asked for a bait casting reel. I bought a cheap one and he has mastered it the first day. These new reels must be good as he had no birds nests his first day. How can that be??
    Looked at the upcoming weather forecast and see a week of 100’s coming our way.
    Compared it to Branson which was in the low 90’s for the same days. Hmmm.
    Normally this is the time of year my wife and I will head to upper Michigan for a chilly golf trip! Treetops was our destination for a couple of years. Colorado mountains also fit the bill for a cool down when I lived in Denver. No trip this year as we are trying to sell the house.
    Stay cool!

2. Banned
    Fished Broken bow last weekend Friday night and Saturday night. Caught a lot of fish just nothing big. Thinking about heading up by Bartlesville this weekend to a private mud hole if I get hot I'll just jump in.

Went to Texoma on Friday. Caught a few, but nothing to get carried away about. Got off around 5 and it was mayhem at the ramp and on the water. Glad we left when we did, too much craziness! As soon as I get my prop back from a little work being done to it by OKC Prop Shop, I'll find some place to get wet til the sun gets too high.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

4. Member
    Been out two to three times a week lately. Usually just go for 3 or 4 hours. Luckily there's several decent lakes within a few miles of here. Fishing has been spotty for me.

Retired Grass Grower

ROCK CHALK

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Fished Broken bow last weekend Friday night and Saturday night. Caught a lot of fish just nothing big. Thinking about heading up by Bartlesville this weekend to a private mud hole if I get hot I'll just jump in.
    Hollar if you need a boat ride.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    Hollar if you need a boat ride.
    Oh I was going too. Saturday or Sunday?

Either one will work for me just let me know what is best for you

8. Member
    In the deep summer, I've found that hitting Texoma right before first light works really well. Fish seem to turn off at ~10:00, but that still gives you several hours.

9. Member
    slow and dinks
    TrackerUser

10. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Caught a 21.5lb 4 fish bag last Wednesday nighter and tonight I caught 1 lol. It’s hit or miss. Gibson last weekend, lots of small fish never could find a good bite. Can’t catch a fish without a wet line. Go get after em!

11. Member
    Floated Illinois River today with Good Friend and grandson.
    I was wore out after 2:30 golf the day before and waking up at 3:00 a.m. to pack and go.
    I fished top water mostly because I avoided the hang ups and break offs.
    Too lazy to care today. But every bite was fun. Most missed it but scared me!
    Good day on the water with good friend and family.
    Best part of fishing.

12. Member
    We’ve been doing well in the evenings on Hudson. I’ll get on the water around 6 and fish till about dark and lately we’ve been catching some decent size bass in the river. Water temps last night was in the low 70’s.