Non gambler question for Florida boaters

Not even thinking about selling my sterling but i have opportunity to buy a 97 Storm with a 200 Evinrude vindicator anyone know anything about this boat transom is good stood on motor no flex nada says only made 21ft and weighs 1250lbs input would be appreciated owner passed away no info

Id pass on the Evinrude Vindicator...if nothing else.

3. Member
    I used to read posts in the Storm forum. I saw many talking about re-building transoms. I have no personal experience.

4. Member
    I believe they are correct in saying only 21’ models were made. Honestly, the vindicator is the big block carbed Johnson/evinrude and probably the most reliable motor they made. They like gas and can be hard starting when it’s cold but are reliable motors nonetheless. As long as the hull passes the sniff test and the price is fair that could be a cool boat. They were built for the rough water of lake O and are actually quite fast, even with a 200 it should see 70, if there’s not a lot of water in the hull and the motor is healthy.

5. Member
    Thanks for input i stood on back of motor no flex in transom was gonna shoot a 1500 price and see what happened supposedly the hull is patterned after a allison 2000