Lake icara tips.

I’m thinking about trying it again soon anybody got any tips or just fish the brush and rock reefs? I think I only go so I can stretch the legs out on the boat motor lol. Hey has anyone ever drove under the road and Fished that brush over there?
    Boy this heatwave has made it tuff to be on the water. I guess it will make me appreciate the cooler weather when it comes soon. I just told my wife that it seem like the other day I was taking hand warmers and 2 coat fishing.
    Iowa changes fast.

2. Member
    Flooded timber I believe that area is under the road is called, I usually use that ramp to dunk..last yr we had luck in the back timber early on the year then never could get a bite the next few times back, haven't been there this yr yet.

Beautiful lake

3. Member
    Cool thanks for responding, the only time I’ve had much luck there was on one of the rock reefs, then i found a little stretch of bank that I got couple little 15” on. Have you guys noticed there’s no grass or moss in that lake anymore? I think it is on the DNR radar because of to many carp. I wish there was something they could do about the carp with out killing it off. They have tried to make it a good walleye lake and stocked them heavily there.

4. Member
    Place is FULL of grass carp! Hope the DNR is doing something about it like your saying

5. Member
    Do you guys think the dnr could take there shock boat out and shock the carp up to the boat then gaff hook them or heck just spear them? I don’t mean to sound Mean Lol just wondering how you could get them out?

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Dont know what it is about that lake but after spring it gets super tough
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Dont know what it is about that lake but after spring it gets super tough
    It ain't that easy in the spring either.
    John the Garage Doorman