Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    Are u saying the AT4 has more power then your EB did?
    not even a question! put a boat or trailer behind it and doesn't even compare. maybe ford had the jump unloaded wth turbo but not towing a boat. 6.2 is beast.

2. Member
    I have a '15 6.2 8 speed and love this combo. They are a powerhouse
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

3. Member
    If gas mileage is a concern...don't get an AT4. I have a 2020 Trailboss. I can assure you this, those claiming to get 19-20 mpgs are lying, or drive slow AF!! I am lucky to get 280 miles a tank...but, I don't drive like an 80 year old either.

The motor is very strong...the trucks are nice. They're expensive, and they drink gas.

Also, I have been seeing GMC Sierra with AT4 badging, but not the lift and wheel package. Don't know what that's about and don't really care, but they're out there. I'm sure tge aggressive tires on the actual AT4/TB eat up an extra 4-5mpg.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    If gas mileage is a concern...don't get an AT4. I have a 2020 Trailboss. I can assure you this, those claiming to get 19-20 mpgs are lying, or drive slow AF!! I am lucky to get 280 miles a tank...but, I don't drive like an 80 year old either.

The motor is very strong...the trucks are nice. They're expensive, and they drink gas.

Also, I have been seeing GMC Sierra with AT4 badging, but not the lift and wheel package. Don't know what that's about and don't really care, but they're out there. I'm sure tge aggressive tires on the actual AT4/TB eat up an extra 4-5mpg.
    Gas milegae is not a real concern, I was just curious if it was actually close to what GM says it is.

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    To get the advertised gas mileage you have to drive the speed limit, accelerate slowly and coast a lot! It’s a heavy truck and a really strong motor! If you want all those toys, gas mileage is an afterthought! Beautiful truck though!!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post

pix don’t lie buddy. Say what you want but I reset before trip and this was after trip.
    E115D39B-1C0F-4D4D-9B54-E54CCC748273.jpeg

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brett87tex View Post
    pix don’t lie buddy. Say what you want but I reset before trip and this was after trip.
    You are very right, i have checked mine several times threw out the 13,000 miles i have on it, i will say this i didn't start getting those great readings until i hit 9200 miles. I have always ran the 91 octane fuel, has plenty of power pulling a boat and i am just getting out of a 2500 Duramax.

One other thing, i don't lie, if some knuckled heads don't believe my numbers that's fine but i don't lie.

8. Member
    I like it! We have 93 octane here which is what I have always used. What’s a few bucks anyways right.

9. Member
    Hand calculate that and you lose 1-1.5mpg from whatever that GM computer shows. Every GM vehicle I have is like that. My new Ram overestimates also from the hand calculation.

10. Member
    Have the 2020 AT4 with the 6.2 and love it. Had a 2016 with a 6.2 and traded it for a 2500 duramax. Hated the diesel went back to the 6.2. Normal everyday I average around 16mpg. If I get on the interstate and take it easy I can bump it way up, I've gotten it to 21 but that was just seeing if I could do it running about 61mph. Pulling my ranger it gets around 13 or 14 but I dont really drive it easy either. I love the truck...Just went over 10,000 miles...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    I just can't get past the look of the chevy front end. It's hideous!
    Chevy and GMC have the best looking trucks on the market right now.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff_3272 View Post
    Chevy and GMC have the best looking trucks on the market right now.
    GMC yes, Chevy no.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Hand calculate that and you lose 1-1.5mpg from whatever that GM computer shows. Every GM vehicle I have is like that. My new Ram overestimates also from the hand calculation.
    actually did and it was less than 1/2 gallon off. Dodge, I wouldn’t doubt that one bit.

14. Member
    You're trail boss has a 5.3 and that engine works harder. My AT4 not pulling boat gets 17 MPG everyday driving. On interstate settles in at 22-23

15. Member
    If you like the 8 speed you would love the 10 speed. My understanding 8 speed has a lot of issues

16. Member
    That is a nice truck right there.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    You're trail boss has a 5.3 and that engine works harder. My AT4 not pulling boat gets 17 MPG everyday driving. On interstate settles in at 22-23
    I have an LT Trailboss with a 6.2/10spd. Same engine except for the intake. Just looking for a bit, a lot of the AT4's seem like they are missing the lift and off road tires. Maybe the different intake is enough to badge them AT4's? Some don't seem to have the same stance as mine. Either way...gas guzzler or not...the 6.2 is a hell of a motor in these trucks. I'd never buy a 5.3 again!
    Last edited by RFeyoMN; 07-07-2020 at 09:02 PM.

18. Member
    I didn't think the trail boss could be gotten with a 6.2? All the AT4's are exact with lift kit etc. The difference is 18" wheels have duratracs 20" have a calmer AT tire. I have 20" wheels I put ultra terrains on it. Looks bad ass in my opinion

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    I didn't think the trail boss could be gotten with a 6.2? All the AT4's are exact with lift kit etc. The difference is 18" wheels have duratracs 20" have a calmer AT tire. I have 20" wheels I put ultra terrains on it. Looks bad ass in my opinion
    To a certain degree they are but I can tell you my at4 and my neighbors at4 are way different. His is more like a work truck and basic but has the at4 badging. I Actually drove his truck and told my wife I felt like I was in a work truck. My truck, with the carbon pro package, borla cat back exhaust, kicker stereo tailgate, 20s vs his 18s wheels. Little stuff like that. His didn't even have the driver alert package II which adds lane assist, intellibeam, front pedestrian breaking and a few others. I think his just had the at4 preferred package and that was it and they still wanted like 58k brand new.

20. Member
    To a certain degree they are but I can tell you my at4 and my neighbors at4 are way different. His is more like a work truck and basic but has the at4 badging. I Actually drove his truck and told my wife I felt like I was in a work truck. My truck, with the carbon pro package, borla cat back exhaust, kicker stereo tailgate, 20s vs his 18s wheels. Little stuff like that. His didn't even have the driver alert package II which adds lane assist, intellibeam, front pedestrian breaking and a few others. I think his just had the at4 preferred package and that was it and they still wanted like 58k brand new.
    Does his appear to sit higher? I only ask because I looked at a previous post you had a pic of your truck...and maybe the 20 inch wheels are decieving...but yours appears l ower to tbe ground. Which is what i've seen around here with most of the AT4's. I believe those tires would make a fair difference in mpg as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast