Humidity / Dew-pint On Acceleration.

Serial 1B822149..... Will humidity and high dew-point cause bogging an acceleration? Weather condition at time of the event, Humidity 55%, Dew Point 67 and Air Temp 85. Engine ran like a champ all morning until the afternoon, upon acceleration I was bogging for a maybe 5 to 10 seconds ( no alarm sounded) before full power, this happen for the rest of the afternoon. Went the following morning for a few hours no problems, engine ran like a champ.

Anyone in Florida experience this problem?

Thanks
    Last edited by Rangerdic; 07-06-2020 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Retired 2022...Ranger 2011 Z520, OptiMax 250 1B822149, 8" Bob's Jack-plate, Helix 12si / Helix12di, Duel 12' Talon's, Ultrex 112 i-Pilot Link, Mega 360 and Bravo XS 25.
    At ~400 hours had injectors clean and calibrated by INTEGRITY Injection (by
    European Marine)

2. Member
    Heat/humidity definitely affect these motors

3. Member
    Your engine moves air on a volumetric basis and feeds fuel on a “speed density” basis not a mass airflow basis. Warm humid air is less dense than dry air so it effectively makes the mixture more rich than the stoichiometric optimum, reducing the power output.

Thanks... So our we going to end up damaging the engines during these weather conditions? Are there precautions we should take during these weather conditions before acceleration?
    Retired 2022...Ranger 2011 Z520, OptiMax 250 1B822149, 8" Bob's Jack-plate, Helix 12si / Helix12di, Duel 12' Talon's, Ultrex 112 i-Pilot Link, Mega 360 and Bravo XS 25.
    European Marine)

5. Member
    Smaller prop in the summer..

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    Smaller prop in the summer..
    +1... or at the very least, more ventilation to assist with holeshot (assuming that you can still reach the recommended WOT RPM range).

Make sure those Talons are up in the air (and not dragging).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Outstanding, thanks to all that responded....I will try adjusting PVS plug and go from there, if doesn't work, I research a smaller prop.

I would like to add, last year I read somewhere on this forum the best tool that you could purchase would be a manual to your engine the price of one service call will pay for it... and yes, it was purchased from European Marine. thanks Don for all that you for us! STAY SAFE...
    European Marine)