Dexter EZ lube axles

Anyone know if the Dexter EZ lube 3.5k 3.7k or 4.2k axles use a wear ring for the rear seal surface?

Thanks

2. Member
    Mine did not, but my trailer is a 96' model so they may have changed it by now. The previous owner had done some goofy conversion to bearing buddies with an aftermarket wear ring. Had to polish all the sealant off and found a nicely machined surface underneath.

3. Member
    Mine did not, but my trailer is a 96' model so they may have changed it by now. The previous owner had done some goofy conversion to bearing buddies with an aftermarket wear ring. Had to polish all the sealant off and found a nicely machined surface underneath.
    Stratovarius

Thanks

Have a new Trailmaster trailer (9mo old) and one side looked liked it leaked grease on the inside into the rotor and caliper.

Pulled both sides and cleaned them out since I wanted the same grease as I use in my other trailer, in both trailers.

The leaking side seal looked fine and the wear surface looked fine also, with no grooves.

This when I noticed that the axle did not appear to have a replaceable wear ring.

Cleaned everything up on the leaking side and reinstalled both sides with new seals.

The seal was a Dexter 010-019-00 which is a 1.72" ID X 2.56" OD

Curious thing is I can't seem to find a repair ring for 1.72 in the event the existing wear surface gets a groove and needs a repair.

Was hoping Dabs might chime in but I think he is retired now.

Anyone else familiar with Dexter EZ lube axles?

I've got a Trailmaster with the EZ Lube too. As far as I know there's no wear ring. I've had no trouble with axle or seals.

5. Member
    The ones I bought from sturdybuiltonline.com a few years ago have SS wear rings.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay