Question Has Anyone Repowered a Z20 - ETEC to Pro XS

I was curious how smooth (or not) of a change out of going from a 225 Rude to the new Merc. Also wanted to know which prop, I'm a hole shot guy and top end speed is secondary. My boat is rigged as it came from Flippin with a 10" Slidemaster plate. And if anyone would share via PM what ballpark cost should I expect, I sure would appreciate it?
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

When I talked to a dealer about doing the same with my rig he said it was super easy and not expensive. just needed to order a harness so you could still use your push button start. A new 250 Pro XS was I think $16500 plus the harness and rigging. I'll PM you his info If you are interested.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Joe, I would appreciate the info. I’m just now started my shopping. Speaking of the keypad, I wonder if it is possible to use a normal Mercury key just to start the motor and the Ranger keypad for everything else.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

Yes, they can do that as well from what I found from my searching. You could also just keep the pad and purchase a key. This way if the pad fails just unplug the pad and plug in the key. You have options.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO