Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Also, I ran a very small bead of clear silicone caulk on the top and sides of the third brake light cover and no more leaks.

Rick

2. Member
    Mine leaks somewhere still haven't found the leak. I leave a damprid tub under both sides of my rear seat and it absorbs all of the water.

3. Member
    I thought I would update this story. Well it rained like heck last night, the first rain since I bought the truck. I opened the back doors and everything was dry. So next I dragged out the hose. I spent the next half hour pouring water all over the top and back of the cab. There was no water in the cab. So i hit the doorsfrom all for sides, nothing. I then brought out the power washer and hit the cab brake light and in between the cab and bed,nothing.

Well I have time so I yanked out the back seat up pulled the carpet. It never ever had any sign of water penetration.

So my verdict. The problem was the back full length carpet mat. It has rubber on the back of it and carpet on top. When found the source of the mildew smell I had lifted the rubber mat the was on top of the carpet mat. There was moisture of the back of the rubber mat and the carpet mat was wet and stunk. There was no moisture under the carpet mat.

My conclusion is that they had washed this mat and put it back damp.

I was able to clear the mildew smell by leaving the back doors open. I followed this up with a car bomb.

However I appreciate everyone's reply as it gave me a base line to check.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123