Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Member
    I would MUCH rather fish in the dead of winter than the summer. give me 36 degree water over this crap now.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

Low 90's every day now and humid. Some good early morning fishing however, but it's over at about 8 AM. August is always miserable and the fishing sucks then too. Looking forward to November, the fishing picks up, recreational boats are gone, and the weather, though cold, is still good enough for fishing.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeNix View Post
    I've seen -37F, Jan. 18-20, 1994, Shelbyville, KY. but it warmed up that day to -19. I remember milking in -19, up in the cow's flank was the warmest place on the farm! We've had several weeks worth of neg. temps here in KY.
    Dang! I didn’t think it would get that cold in KY. Beautiful country up there but if it gets that cold, no thanks. We literally had maybe three mornings last winter when it was below 32. Unless we get a really strong front, it’s usually not too bad. Although, we have had snow on the ground for a day or two. We once had snow one weekend and then we were fishing in shorts/short sleeves by the next.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    I would MUCH rather fish in the dead of winter than the summer. give me 36 degree water over this crap now.
    same!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeNix View Post
    I've seen -37F, Jan. 18-20, 1994, Shelbyville, KY. but it warmed up that day to -19. I remember milking in -19, up in the cow's flank was the warmest place on the farm! We've had several weeks worth of neg. temps here in KY.
    That is very very rare for Ky. Now it seems like we dont even have a winter.

Was that the year we had a pretty good snow storm ? I remember missing a week or two of school in the 90's and seems it was around that time frame.

As an aircraft mechanic in the Air Force, I worked outside pretty much all the time. First 7 years were in Blytheville, AR. From there I went to Plattsburgh, NY and when that closed, I was sent to Wichita, KS. The winters in upstate NY could be brutal but I enjoyed that a lot better than the stifling heat and humidity of AR and KS.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

7. Smallmouth Junkie!
    If you fellas lived up here for would be okay with a few hot days. My sister-in-law lives in the Phoenix area and says this is their winter.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    That is very very rare for Ky. Now it seems like we dont even have a winter.

Was that the year we had a pretty good snow storm ? I remember missing a week or two of school in the 90's and seems it was around that time frame.
    Don't remember the 90's storm, winter of 78-79 we missed the whole month of January.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    Jesus, 36 degrees is a warm spell in winter for me. I only wish that was the “cold” weather we got in winter
    Triton Tr17, Yamaha 130
    Lund Pro V 1900, Optimax 200
    Smokercraft Pro Mag 182, Suzuki DF140
    Helix 9si, 10si mega
    Minnkota Talon, Terrova

10. Member
    Weather...politics....neighbors...toilet paper prices....never a lack of sadness for the way things are. But then we can Praise God ....we're still around to voice our wisdom.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456