Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Living in the south lets you fish all year. It isnt a law that you be outside fishing between noon and five. In summer, we fish evenings, mornings, or at night. Rest of the year, we fish all day - even in the dead of winter. Without drilling holes in ice or waiting for some fishing season to open.

2. Member
    Seems like my AC hasn't shut off for a month straight. 115* all week with monsoon moisture about to roll in.

3. Member
    I went out a hour ago to put a rear basket on a 4 wheeler under a covered shed, My shirt was soaked in 15 minutes.

Current Conditions

Updated: 5:55am Currently Today's Extremes
    Humidity 94% Hi: () Lo: ()
    Dew Point How Does It Feel? 70.7°F Miserable Hi: °F () Lo: °F ()

Yup tomorrow I start 14 hour class days for welding, 5.75 hours per class - 2 classes each on Tues / Thurs here in Central Texas in triple digit heat - we broke 100 today. Should be fun

Scooter: Nov 1998-Jul 2011
    Otis: Oct 2010-Feb 2017

5. Member
    I LOATHE the dadgum heat. Been framing for 40 years and I'm worthless after working all day in the oven. Looking forward to Fall

I like how some people here and some on the local news act surprised every year at this time. They act like its the first hot summer ever....

7. Dogfish_Jones
    Heat I can manage.....humidity is my downfall.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I like how some people here and some on the local news act surprised every year at this time. They act like its the first hot summer ever....
    Don't come on here bitching about a flood or drought

Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    Don't come on here bitching about a flood or drought

I'm talking about people here in Texas. They act surprised. Almost as if they forget that every year we have one.

10. Banned
    I'm talking about people here in Texas. They act surprised. Almost as if they forget that every year we have one.
    I know Still a Drought here though.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    Heat I can manage.....humidity is my downfall.

12. Member
    Same here in the winter. Every snowfall of six inches or more is the top story of every newscast and it carries into 10-15 minutes of the 30 minute local news. Really?! We just went through this last week and twice the week prior.

Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    Same here in the winter. Every snowfall of six inches or more is the top story of every newscast and it carries into 10-15 minutes of the 30 minute local news. Really?! We just went through this last week and twice the week prior.

You should see when it rains here. Reporters go stand in it and tell us its raining as if we would not believe them otherwise....

14. Member
    I always thought I would retire and move south to live but the older I get the better Vermont or New Hampshire sound. I hate the heat and humidity.

15. Member
    I absolutely hate the cold, I'll take 90 degree weather over 40 or below any day.

16. Member
    The thing is: Here in Ky the winters aren't bad anymore, but the summers "SEEM" like they're getting rougher. Im not weather scientist, just what it feels like anyway.

As kids we never wore a shirt in the summer, played outside all day in shorts, flip flops, or tennis shoes, never had a sunburn. Nowdays If you took your shirt off for 30-45 minutes out in direct sunlight here, you'd have a sunburn.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    The thing is: Here in Ky the winters aren't bad anymore, but the summers "SEEM" like they're getting rougher. Im not weather scientist, just what it feels like anyway.

As kids we never wore a shirt in the summer, played outside all day in shorts, flip flops, or tennis shoes, never had a sunburn. Nowdays If you took your shirt off for 30-45 minutes out in direct sunlight here, you'd have a sunburn.
    I have said that exact same thing. It just seems like winter / fall / spring used to be longer growing up. The crazy heat of summer sucked but for not nearly as long. I might be crazy but it also seemed like we got more snow in winter than we have recently. Not that we got a bunch every year or anything but you could typically expect at least 4-5 descent snows a year.

I dunno maybe im just getting old

18. Dogfish_Jones
    We are getting older and feel more distress than when we were young. A good example for me is; when summertime came, I never wore shoes. I played in the hot street playing baseball, I ran up and down the creek and it didn’t bother me in the least. Now it hurts to go barefooted in the grass.

19. Member
    It's not suprising, it still sucks. But I do love living in Texas so I can deal

20. Member
    Getting into the 90s here this week. You can tell us Yankees aren’t used to it there’s less people outside now than when it’s -10deg outside in the winte
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast