Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Well it was a bad day to try and get a good run. I was able to make a couple short runs just before dark. First pass I got up to 80 and the second one 75. I had a buddy video the second pass. The boat was running very level, not bow high, although it felt to me in the boat that it was bow high. I think its much easier to drive with this set up than the one before.

2. Member
    Worst water I've ever seen on norris, wake boats everywhere. I even saw a sailboat, first time ever.
    I did get a few short runs and had a buddy make a video of one of them. In the video I'm doing 75 with a lot of positive trim but the boat is running level. I stopped by East Tennessee propeller yesterday to buy some lock washers and was talking to Joe about it. He said more setback (14") would also help to lift the bow. I'm trying to understand how this is, using the pad as a fulcrum, the more setback you have the more leverage the motor has to lift the bow?

3. Member
    Craig buddy, glad to see you and the Mrs. made it down to the Carolinas finally!! Enjoy my friend, hopefully I’ll have another A-boat in the not to far future and I’ll catch ya in Tn.

4. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Hy Mik!!! How ya doin? Yup, finally made it south
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Your hull being a 1995 has a different design as far as the pad in relation to the transom. Long and Short of it is it requires 2" less setback compared to a 1996+ hull so your 11" is like 13" on a newer hull. Try a 26 Hoss hyperdrive in 3 or 4 blade if you can. You could add bobs spacers but I ran 9" alone then added 4" spacers and saw no change other then it slightly hurt my holeshot.

6. Member
    I have heard of this, what is the difference, is the pad 2" further forward of the transom than the later models?

I forget what Lee Sanderson said exactly but it is different.

if i remember correctly the transom is 2" further back

9. Member
    Just picked up a mazco re3 26. Gonna try a few props tomorrow, time permitting.

10. Member
    At 70 you are not even running on pad! Need to be at 75 to be on pad. Just start bumping your trim up a Touch at a time. You will feel her come up on pad. Takes time to learn to drive an Allison.

11. Member
    I've had it on pad plenty of times, you definately have to learn to drive an allison.

12. Member
    Quick question, when I use a trophy prop I have to use a thrust washer. The thrust washer doesn't match the mazco prop. Does the mazco prop not use a thrust washer?

13. Member
    Hey into the 80s, if the motor height, trim and boat balance is right you barely have to drive it. I’m with the other guys, at 70 it’s not on the pad yet

14. Member
    The type of propeller being used plays a key part on just when an Allison gets up on the pad. Some put it there mph wise, much sooner than others.

15. Member
    Yes and trim angle to . The boat sure behaves much better once you cross that threshold it seems. I think that’s where aerodynamics start helping the hydrodynamics
    Last edited by xb03fs; 07-19-2020 at 05:20 PM.

16. Member
    The mazco holeshot was ok but what I liked about it was the acceleration to 70. Had a lot of boat traffic and I had my wife with me but the mazco really pulled hard. I dont like the way the prop nut locks though.

17. Member
    I have ran a 4 blade trophy on couple different Allison's & a Bullet that i have owned over the years. It ran really good.. Got one on right now

18. Member
    Trophies are all that I have ever ran on my allison, except the time I tried a chopper and it slung a blade. I was impressed with the mazco.

19. Member
    I guess that Chopper didn't have enough backbone for the power & load. I think Chopper started out as a Tower of Power wheel.

20. Member
    I ran some Mazco RE3’s and Hp4’s along time ago. They came with thrust washers that were not like those from Mercury.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast