Eagle 175 seat replacement

The bench seat in my '06 Eagle 175 is shot. I'd like to replace with two seats and leave the center area open for a step. Rather than mount the backrest directly to the back deck, G3 used a seat bracket on each side of the wide backrest. I'm assuming they did this to avoid drilling into the panel since the gas tank is behind it? If I could find another pair of the brackets I could mount two separate seat backs but I've not been able to find the stationary back brackets.

Has anyone attached seat backs directly to the wood panel? Not sure how close that panel is to the gas tank, certainly wouldn't wanna run a screw into the gas tank!

Has anyone tried using one-piece folding seats attached with the articulating hinges? (My concern is that the drivers seat might not have enough room to pull forward and tilt up to get the underneath storage.)

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I have the exact same boat same year same color seats. Your livewell is behind your seat not your gas tank. Looking at my boat right now it looks like the back area behind the seat is about 1 inch thick.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    Your livewell is behind your seat not your gas tank.
    Yep, thanks, of course it is the livewell! I contacted G3 to see if they had any advice, they said the bulkhead behind the seat is aluminum, not wood, and as manufacturer, they do not recommend attaching seat backs to it. My gut tells me it would be ok, there's room to attach brackets without drilling into the livewell but the cost of custom seats has me rethinking it. I'm leaning toward just installing a pair of aftermarket folding seats.

4. Member
    Have you priced out getting them reupholstered. My seats are in the same condition as yours. The padding appears to be in good condition on mine. I haven’t gotten a quote yet, it’s on my to do list.

5. Member
    Have you priced out getting them reupholstered. My seats are in the same condition as yours. The padding appears to be in good condition on mine. I haven’t gotten a quote yet, it’s on my to do list.
    Thanks, and yes, I did consider it, but I really would like to have no middle seat, just a solid step up to the rear deck. The cost to have my frames/foam recovered locally is almost as much as buying "semi custom" ready to order seats/backs, $500+. This boat spends a lot of time uncovered, tied to our wet slip, so anything I do is gonna only be good for a few years. I'm gonna pull everything out and mount a pair of Tempress NaviStyle seats, get covers for 'em, and hope I can get 4 or 5 years before I need new covers for them.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimInAlabama View Post
    Thanks, and yes, I did consider it, but I really would like to have no middle seat, just a solid step up to the rear deck. The cost to have my frames/foam recovered locally is almost as much as buying "semi custom" ready to order seats/backs, $500+. This boat spends a lot of time uncovered, tied to our wet slip, so anything I do is gonna only be good for a few years. I'm gonna pull everything out and mount a pair of Tempress NaviStyle seats, get covers for 'em, and hope I can get 4 or 5 years before I need new covers for them.
    Ahh gotcha! Post pictures when you get things redone.

7. Member
    Ahh gotcha! Post pictures when you get things redone.
    Will do. I'd to find fold-down seats designed in a way that I could remove the seat cushions and mount the frames with backs attached, then cut down and use the existing hinges to mount the seats separate from the backs so as not to have to flip up the entire seat to access storage. We'll see.