2011 Optimax 150hp Oil Line/tube repair/replacement

Hey I need help to find out where to buy parts(some oil tube and a splicer, maybe?) to repair and replace a section of my Optimax 150hp oil line. It was pinched and damaged along with a splicer being damaged a few inches away from the engine when I trimmed the engine all the way up. The engine pinched it against my boat deck. A friend helped with a larger size fittings/splicer and managed to get back home. I called around mechanics and they are busy for the next 2 to 4 weeks so I am thinking to do it myself.

The picture showed the damaged line that was connected temporarily using a wrong 3/8 bronze splicer and the damaged original plastic splicer.

I assume this is going to be a straightforward removal and replacement or any special caution I need to follow? And after I replace the line, do I need to purge the line?

I really appreciate any help.

Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a few moments to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Straightforward replacement of the Splice, and then bleed the air from the Engine Mounted Oil Tank.

Our Parts Department (or any Mercury Dealer) should be able to assist with these items.

Bleeding air from the Engine Mounted Oil Tank

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor