Livesight setup questions

Questions on Livesight setup.
    I have 2 HDS 12 Live units networked with my Ghost trolling motor.

3 questions on setup. Latest software with Hard reset. Everything is installed and appears to run correctly.

• 1. Is it normal that in order to use the Livesight, that I have to go to my 2D Sonar screen and select the Livesight Transducer Channel on that screen in order for the Livesight screens to utilize the correct Livesight transducer?

• 2. Also, if I try a split screen window with Livesight and 2D, how do I get the two screens to utilize different transducers? Currently, when I use this split, I have to select the Livesight transducer channel, which gives me a great Livesight image, but a poor 2D image. I can't seem to be able to select Livesight for Livesight and 2D for 2D when using the split screen.

• 3. For the hard reset, I was under the impression it would delete all waypoints/routes and put me through the initial setup process. While the unit reset and corrected the issues I was facing, it did not delete anything and did not go back to factory default settings. Does this mean the hard reset didn't work?

Thanks,
    Keith

2. Member
    1. No
    2. Should be possible to to choose any available 2D source
    3. All waypoints and settings should be deleted when doing a hard reset. The screen were you choose the language should come up.

1. and 2. is indicating your system is in single source mode. With both Live units on, go to Settings, Sonar and select Multi source. Follow the on screen instructions.

For hard reset, switch off both Live units. Push and hold Zin and Zout, push and release Power. When the unit beeps after 4-5s release the Zoom buttons. Repeat for the second unit.

3. Member
    So I was finally able to try the steps given above. Latest software is installed. Hard reset was successful. But I still have to select Livesight from the 2D sonar screen. Any additional suggestions? This is frustrating.

Channel 1 and Channel 2 are both on. Network enabled. Multi source enabled.

Livesight is enabled.

The Livesight works fine when I turn it on but the 2D quality is diminished

ideally I would like to have a split screen with both Livesight and 2D being functional.

4. Member
    kpcbass, I have the same problem on software 20.0. There is no way to select a transducer on the Livesight Icon, so you have to go to the sonar and select channel 1. Then the LS transducer works; however the sonar is now using the same channel, which is not the ghost transducer and it will possibly be in a forward position. Unfortunately, I can't find any videos on this topic yet. I have a call in to Lowrance and they weren't able to come up with a solution. They had to refer it to another "expert". My call was not outsourced to India; it was here in the states, so they don't have enough experts here to keep up with the software changes. They were very helpful on several other questions. Also, the software wasn't thoroughly specked out as well. To change from Livesight Forward to Downscan, you have to go into instillation and do several steps to initialize it. What was the point of having the Icon!