Talons on a Caracal

Anyone running Talons on their Caracal?

Could you chime in on how it may affect your performance?

Any problems with your Talons?

2. Member
    not a basscat but mine are great, no issues but did have to buy a $600 prop to get holeshot back. basscat prefers poles due to less weight so maybe new raptors????
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Bobby8
    I have twin 10’ footers on mine Lost a couple of miles an hour but am not a speed guy so no worries for me I did take the battery charger out to lessen weight Hole shot is slightly slower but have had 2 guys in the boat from different boat manufacturers and they stated it gets on plane quickly I told them they should have been in her before the talons..... Have had no issues PM me if you want to talk on it

4. Member
    Talons tend to effect hole shot on Bass boats due to weight being further behind the transom and motors above. This creates impact on the fulcrum and slows the hole shot. This is more pronounced on Bass cats with rear fuel tanks versus mid, or under seat fuel tanks.

Power poles effect hole shot less due to differences in weight and forward location of the motors.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

5. Banned
    If you switch to lithium batteries there should be little to no difference as the savings of battery weight equals the twin 15' Talons and brackets.
    Only issue is the extra 3k needed for the lithium batteries

6. Member
    Don't do it! I had to take my 12' Talons off

7. Member
    off your Caracal?

What was your issues?

8. Bobby8
    Quote Originally Posted by BR400 View Post
    Don't do it! I had to take my 12' Talons off
    Why?

9. BBC SPONSOR
    I had a pair of 8' talons on my caracal. killed my hole shot badly. also you lose the use of the ladder in the back if you use it much. we use ours for the kids and I like to use it so i had to switch to poles. sadly, I really like the look of the talons and love that they dont have pumps. if you fish alone a lot then the hole shot is not a big deal, I fish with buddies a lot and its definitely affected by the talons.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    I would do poles not Talons they are too heavy PP affect it bad enough Im sure Talons would be even worse.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

11. Member
    I have duel 12ft Talons on my Pantera Classic with a Mercury 200 Pro XS 4S and it comes right out of the hole with no problem with full fuel tanks, two people and a full load. I don't know how it effects top speed as I don't run it to top speed.

12. Member
    Thanks everyone for your input. Greatly appreciated.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    I have duel 12ft Talons on my Pantera Classic with a Mercury 200 Pro XS 4S and it comes right out of the hole with no problem with full fuel tanks, two people and a full load. I don't know how it effects top speed as I don't run it to top speed.
    Both the Classic and P2 have tremendous holeshot, barely affected at all with Talons. For most of the other models that is not the case.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

14. Member
    The weight of the Talons killed my holeshot. I tried several props but it didn't help. Went back to a 24 3 blade Fury and it is running great.