Thread: Daytrades

Daytrades

This is annoying. Traded BLNK this morning and closed at an alright profit. Now it's up another 15% and is running hard.... That's happened to me on the last several trades. Anyone else having this issue, or am I just in a slump?

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    you can't use slump to describe closing a day trade with a profit.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    you can't use slump to describe closing a day trade with a profit.
    Yeah, I guess that's true. Just annoying missing bigger profits, but that's part of it, and hindsight is 20/20

4. Member
    I think this happens alot, especially if you trade quite a bit. Last time this happened to me I had a .15 a share average in SGBX, got impatient and sold it. Four days later they drop a pr. It ran to 9 dollars a share. I try not to think about it. I've also got lucky every once in a while.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtfishn View Post
    I think this happens alot, especially if you trade quite a bit. Last time this happened to me I had a .15 a share average in SGBX, got impatient and sold it. Four days later they drop a pr. It ran to 9 dollars a share. I try not to think about it. I've also got lucky every once in a while.
    Oh dang, that's rough. I think one reason it really got on my nerves is it happened twice in a row on two different stocks. Part of it I guess

I used to look, but I stopped that. I just reminded myself that there are just as many times I would have lost big on a stock if I would have held hoping for big gains.(I have had that experience). I try to follow it up with downside protection in place, but I will take 5 to 10% all day, every day and be happy.
    It is a tough game to start with , let alone holding for a home run. However, do it long enough and eventually you will hit one out of the park.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    I used to look, but I stopped that. I just reminded myself that there are just as many times I would have lost big on a stock if I would have held hoping for big gains.(I have had that experience). I try to follow it up with downside protection in place, but I will take 5 to 10% all day, every day and be happy.
    It is a tough game to start with , let alone holding for a home run. However, do it long enough and eventually you will hit one out of the park.
    Yeah, that's true too. I tell myself every time as soon as I sell to shut down and not pay attention, but it's hard to do sometimes.

8. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    The otc plays that I play, many days I go in and out and then delete it from the watchlist. I hate looking lol. Profit is profit. Take it at your target and move on. Hindsight trading/ double dipping, many times will take your gains from the previous trade plus some. Lesson learned too many times to count bro. Hell we even talked a few months back when I obliterated my account with halted penny stock bs. Play safe, because greed will get your money stolen or locked up haha

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    The otc plays that I play, many days I go in and out and then delete it from the watchlist. I hate looking lol. Profit is profit. Take it at your target and move on. Hindsight trading/ double dipping, many times will take your gains from the previous trade plus some. Lesson learned too many times to count bro. Hell we even talked a few months back when I obliterated my account with halted penny stock bs. Play safe, because greed will get your money stolen or locked up haha
    Yep, that's exactly right