livewell recirculation problem help

own a 2019 zx225 and fish tournaments for years , so looking for advice of my problem . First of all I once owned a Ranger , then went to a TZX 190 never had a fish die on me , matter of fact the TZX you could run the recirculation pump all day put your bass meds in livewell you would have foam on top and you could keep here cool all day with ice NO FISH KILL a all , now going on the 2nd year with my ZX I'm losing fish when it's warm out and the water is warm , seems like the recirculaion pump just doesn't have enough , so we run the fill pump which brings warm water and cools water down fast an go thur Bass Meds fast The Rec pump is 800 rule which I never had a problem with in my other Boat for 4 Years and NOW for some reason in my 2019 I have had to replace the Pump Twice I'm Lost on what do or how to run the Livewells and losing fish. HELP

2. Member
    Do you have oxygenerator? I have a 04’ skeeter and haven’t lost a fish and I’ve had the boat 6 years. I run my recirculating on auto, but while running to new spot I run on manual. I will pump out water through out the day and pump fresh water in. Not sure if your livewells are split. I never over 3 fish in one livewell. I try to even them out on size just so they have some room. Which I don’t catch real big fish anyways. Lol! I do put an additive G Juice in mine.

3. Member
    I had a 2019 ZX250 last year and never ever lost a fish! I had Oxygenators and VT-2 Vents installed in mine and never had any issue!

4. Member
    What I'm trying to explain is that after 2 to 3 hours of my recirculation pump runs constant for 2 to 3 hours there's no spray just a slow stream , and also that had to replace 2 pumps in a year in a half on new boat . so after thinking maybe the battery but the fill pump runs strong all day with a strong spray but can't keep water cool since it's bringing in warm summer water melting the ice quick .

You are still in your 3 year warranty period, I would take it back to the dealer. Something may not be plumbed correctly. Does yours have the red valve that you pull out or push in to recirculate? Mine really throws a strong stream on recirculate.

6. Member
    Yep I have that valve also for pump out , I have taken apart and flushed system , and even at times when in pumpout mode it just runs out and sometime shots out , I have talked to the dealer and is suppose to get back with me when I don't know ???

7. Member
    My 250 does the same thing, couple of weeks ago I took the pump apart and had scales in it, seems like it fixed it, then sporadically it will go back to crappy pressure, but only on recirc side

8. Member
    I don't know what the answer is , but seems like we have the same problem and it worries me when I have Tournament fish , Have good agm 31 northstar in boat and last year it went sporadically slow and lost a key fish , I back flushed took apart cleaned , and yes the marina I bought the boat really doesn't have a answer and said could make appointment in 3 weeks , Nice just what I wanted to hear .

9. Member
    Oxygenators and as important is vents installed or install them yourself. 3” hole saw blade. Never lost a fish with this and auto on recirc. Good luck