1984 FS front deck measurements.

Good morning Champs,

I am currently in the process of buying a 168 FS from a family friend. It was Repowered in the 90's with the 150 XP rude on an 8" manual jackplate. The boat has been a one owner up until the owner passed away and at that time the boat was passed on to the original owners daughter. Since then it has been serviced in 2010 and kept in a garage. The boat was actually garage kept since it was bought brand new. It has taken me from December until now to convince her to sell it. After all it is a champ and it hasn't been used in 11 years. What kind of sad life for a boat is that? Anyway I haven't gotten to see the boat in person yet but I know it was well maintained. I'm wondering if anyone has any info on how big the front deck area of the 168's from back then were. I have plans to remove the jump seats and build aluminum decking with storage hatches to give myself more room to work on the front deck but I'm just wondering exactly what kind of real estate I will have one I've built the casting deck to replace the jump seats. It's been extremely hard to find any info on the demensions/specs of these boats so any info would be very much appreciated.

Also, with a boat sitting this long without running what preventative measures should I take or look over before putting her in the water?

Thanks!

2. Pat Goff
    I'd replace everything that touched fuel. Ethanol will eat all your tubing, seals and gaskets alive. Fair chance you'll need to clean out the tank also.
    Replace the impeller, sitting that long will mean it's probably taken a set or hardened up. Pull the plugs and soak down each cylinder with WD 40 and turn it over by hand a few times so nothing's stuck to a cylinder wall.

Then I'd give it a good two can power tune treatment.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>