Upgrading Electronics

I'm doing some upgrades on the ol' Champion and one is going to be electronics. I've already decided on brand so not looking to hear opinions on that. What I do what to know thoughts on is if you had to replace the bow and console units at different times, which would you replace first? I dunno if I can convince the wife to let me spend that much at once on graphs since I'm doing other upgrades at the same time. So which one first, bow or console unit? Thanks
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

2. Member
    My preference is to do the front first, I don't know about you but I spend more time at the bow fishing so to me it makes sense to have the better electronics up front. But I am sure a case can be made for upgrading the console first as well.

3. Member
    Going through the same thing here. I am upgrading the front first.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

4. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    If your console graph is still doing what you need it to do I'd upgrade the front first.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

5. Member
    I’d say it depends on what you’re wanting out of each unit and what you’re currently working with. Do you have side imaging at your console? As that a feature you’re looking for? Some places have “boat in a box” packages that may work into your needs and budget

6. Member
    Im the opposite in that I did the console first. Personally I want the biggest screen I can for split views and mapping for idling around then I'll mark a waypoint. Shift to the front and just fish the waypoint and immediate area. Of course if you are considering a livescope type option that might be a bit different. Good luck and pick what suits your style.

Front first, make sure all your waypoints are at the dash so you can drive up to them, then if you have a new tool like 360 or livescope when you start dropping new waypoints on the bow they may be super accurate if you want that.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    Front first is what I would do. Lots of really good deals on the electronics tab here on bbc from new to used. Good luck

9. Member
    If you are buying "look ahead", do the bow first.
    If just upgrading for standard sonar and/or downscan on the bow, I would do the console first with whatever you can afford that matches your fishing style.

Bow