Fuse Panel Question

Hello Guys, I was hoping someone could answer this question for me. I have a 2014 Ranger Z520c. I have recently upgraded all my electronics, and placed a Mega 360 on the Ultrex. I usually have my components installed by my dealer or someone that knows more than me. At this time, none of my graphs nor my old 360 was protected by the recommended Humminbird fuse requirements. I have been told my boat works off a relay and breaker system for most of my boats components. Should I install the inline fuses, or a fuse block, or does my boat handle the protection of the birds and the 360 on it's own. My last installation project was done by one of the premier installation shops in the country, but they did not install in line fuses to protect my birds. I am all set to install a fuse block at the bow where I have two 12" Helix with fuse, negative and positive, and an in line fuse for a 12" helix and the Ethernet switch at my console. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Either way I will be calling my installer from last year, tomorrow morning to ask them that question. I'm sure someone out there knows the answer to this off the top of their head.

Good Fishin!!!

Dan

2. Member
    You can run your units to a fuse box as long as there’s not a lot of other accessories on it. Otherwise you risk interference. For the best results, and I know it can be a pain, but run power from units straight to the battery on the starboard side away from the trolling motor side. I’d use 10-12awg wire and solder my connections and heat shrink after applying a dab of dielectric grease to the joint. Do your inline fuse right before the battery. That’ll give you the best results and is what’s recommended by Humminbird. However, some people do run to fuse boxes without issue. Me personally wouldn’t chance it. Hope this helps.
    “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail
    Ben Franklin

2000 Ranger 518vx Comanche

3. Member
    Thank you Johnny, I appreciate the info.

Good Fishin!!!

Dan