Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Carried cables for many years, but now carry GB70 and TowBoatUS card.

I have a Troll Bridge. It will charge the TM batteries when the big motor is running and AUTOMATICALLY jump start the big motor if the starting battery has become week. No switches to flip, no buttons to push, it does it all for you, and you may never know it was done !! I've run 3 days without even plugging in the OnBoard charger !! I still carry Jumper Cables, but they're for jumping some one elses boat should they need a jump, lol !!!

http://www.yandina.com/troll24info.htm
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duracraftman View Post
    Both because sometimes I forget to charge up my jumper pack.
    Lol lol....You and me both!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post

I remember years back missing a friends wedding because I couldn't get my Stratos to start.
    I had let my brother and sister in law use it, and they didn't turn everything off. And I didn't check.
    I go to fish Crooked Lake, it wouldn't start. Guy at the ramp give me a jump. I thought I would have run it enough that it would start back up. Wrong!

I have never let my batteries run that low apparently. The previous Boat didn’t have a Stealth Charger, starting battery went dead. Took the engine battery cables off the starting battery, touched them to one of the trolling batteries, partner hit the key, started and I put the cables back on the starting battery.

5. Member
    Weego 6.2. Says it will jump a 10 liter truck. Haven’t ever had to use it but it’s still holding a full charge.

Jumper cables for me...lighter, easier to store, never have to re-charge and no hazardous material to be stored away in a compartment.

I put in Lithium batteries 6+ month back. because of this issue. working great, no problem.

But I still carry cables and jump pack. just in case
    TCnSD
    Terry Chenowth
    Santee, CA

2003 Ranger 195VS
    2011 Etec 200HO
    No Problem I'm on fish...

8. Banned
    Jumper box. They are so small and light now. I carry one in my truck, work truck and boat. I would never mess with cables again

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Stealth Charging system——- have never worried about it.
    This is the only way to go in my opinion!

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    My little lithium jump starter is smaller than any set of cables, has jumped many “dead” vehicles and I can recharge phones, a go pro, whatever with the USB ports. It’s always with me, except when I was a coangler 2 tournaments ago and his batteries ALL died!

The master fuse tripped so his charger wasn’t charging any of the batteries. Never thought of taking my jumper pack as a coangler but I do now!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

I actually carry both. Jumper cables will always work, unless they are broken. Carried them for many many years. Started carrying a jump box in the past couple years, but fortunately I haven't had the opportunity to use it

Jump pack from Noco
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    I have never let my batteries run that low apparently. The previous Boat didn’t have a Stealth Charger, starting battery went dead. Took the engine battery cables off the starting battery, touched them to one of the trolling batteries, partner hit the key, started and I put the cables back on the starting battery.
    When my battery was dead in my Stratos, I didn't have the Stealth charging systems then. But I did try and jump from the trolling motor battery. Wasn't working.
    Didn't get that till my second DualPro took a dump in the ARIES, I believe 3 1/2 years into ownership. Put a Minn Kota 345 D in as replacement, then got with Danny and added the DC charger with the jump switch, and gauge. Never had to use it. Stealth keeps the trolling motor batteries up. And the motor keeps the starting battery up. But the shop that had my boat after the 2015 wreck replaced my batteries with a off brand. So I did replace the trollers last year. And starting battery a month and a half ago or so. Maybe two. But, good to go again. Am glad I got the DC charger! But wish I would have thought about it before getting the big Minn Kota. The Stealth 1 system is way smaller and not near the weight. But the DC has been great for years.

14. Member
    NOCO GB40 and it easily jumped a guys Yamaha 250 SHO that would not even turn over.... Cheap cables have always been in the boat just in case.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

15. Member
    Both.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

16. Member
    I just wired in a jump switch.
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.

17. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    POWER POLE CHARGE .. no need for either

Power Pole Charge will probly be an upgrade down the road but for now I carry both; Weego 44 jump pack and jumper cables.

Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    I have both a jump pack (Noco GB70) and a set of 6g jumper cables in my storage compartment just in case....
    Exactly what I carry!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

BOTH , just in case . Also small Honda generator and battery charger with short drop cord 1 gallon of gas and a portable solar panel .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12