Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    They heard BBC mentioned and assumed that stood for some Bad Azz Bees and skidaddled on out of here.

Don't ever underestimate the Power and Total Bad Azzery of the BBC.

2. Banned
    I heard that most stayed home because there was a lack of shipping containers to hitch a ride on.

14 days of quarantine when they entered the country. Just wait.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

4. Member
    I guess the travel ban worked.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee View Post
    OMG!!!! What are we gonna do???????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????
    If you are like me (entomologist) you keep track of anything new regarding another invasive species, although right now I'm more concerned with emerald ash borer working its way into southern Virginia, brown marmorated stink bugs in California peaches and almonds, spotted wing drosophila everywhere a berry or cherry grows and spotted lantern flies being a general nuisance to wine grapes in PA, MD, VA. The rest of us can go back to worrying about shortages of crank baits, how much BPS/Cabelas sucks and whether or not it is OK to fish a dock while people are sitting on it and their kids are swimming nearby (Hint: it is not OK). Fortunately BASS Live will be back soon but if Cayuga gets cancelled we will have a real reason to complain.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    If you are like me (entomologist) you keep track of anything new regarding another invasive species, although right now I'm more concerned with emerald ash borer working its way into southern Virginia, brown marmorated stink bugs in California peaches and almonds, spotted wing drosophila everywhere a berry or cherry grows and spotted lantern flies being a general nuisance to wine grapes in PA, MD, VA. The rest of us can go back to worrying about shortages of crank baits, how much BPS/Cabelas sucks and whether or not it is OK to fish a dock while people are sitting on it and their kids are swimming nearby (Hint: it is not OK). Fortunately BASS Live will be back soon but if Cayuga gets cancelled we will have a real reason to complain.
    I hear ya but what did we do about the stinkbugs the Japanese beetles and on and on? Dandelions piss me off also

They were murdered by the Killer Bees!

"The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

8. Banned
    Bees, bees... I ain't worried about no stinking bees... Dan

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Bees, bees... I ain't worried about no stinking bees... Dan
    Don’t bee that way.
    Praying for a Cure

10. Member
    Massive covid outbreak in killer hornets. All is fine now.

11. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceAngler View Post
    The press found other things to make you worry about.
    THIS

All they gotta do is put signs on the highways out of Canada. When I go up I-5 to BC, there's a sign that prevents "Apple Maggots" from proceeding further. I'm sure it works.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

13. Member
    Post #2 is a show stopper...

Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    I hear ya but what did we do about the stinkbugs the Japanese beetles and on and on? Dandelions piss me off also
    Since you asked, brown marmorated stink bugs have pretty much distributed themselves nationwide and like many invasive species there is an initial spike in their populations that later settles into a lower but sustainable level. For BMSB there was also an unplanned introduction of a tiny wasp (nicknamed the samurai wasp) from Asia that parasitizes BMSB eggs and has become well established in much of the country further reducing their numbers. But BMSB is a severe pest for fruit growers that disrupts well established pest management practices and requires several additional pesticide applications per season, costing the growers a lot of money and reducing their profits. Japanese beetles? They are everywhere and aren't going away so you have to spray, I will be treating my dwarf crepe myrtles today for Japanese beetles. Dandelions? Easy to kill, 2,-4-D + dicamba.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    All they gotta do is put signs on the highways out of Canada. When I go up I-5 to BC, there's a sign that prevents "Apple Maggots" from proceeding further. I'm sure it works.
    It does work, the PNW remains free of apple maggots whereas apples grown east of the Mississippi River require 3-6 summer applications of insecticide, such as phosmet to control apple maggot each and every year. Eastern apple growers don't get paid any extra money for those extra sprays.

Everyone should be worried about the bees.

17. Banned
    The media is already trying to get the “swine flu 2.0” scare going. Why do these Chinese keep doing this crap.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman051 View Post
    Attachment 415535
    Here's the queen hornet...
    Is her head on backwards?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmscoach View Post
    Is her head on backwards?
    Looks to me like her ass is!

20. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos284 View Post
    Prematurely ejaculated. It was supposed to go Corona, riots, chaz, then murder hornets. Since it went from chaz to chop it just screwed the hornets time of arrival.
    So they will throw corona increase back in play and put the hornets on the back burner till late Sept or early Oct.

Who controls John Gill?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast