Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Humminbird version of livescope

Has anyone else heard about an upcoming Humminbird version of livescope? I cannot get direct answers from Humminbird, but heard it is being released in October barring any issues with the current demo. I would hate to get a mega 360 now to find out in a couple of months there is a new product. Thank you!

2. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    maybe keep your eye on iCast next week

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoast View Post
    maybe keep your eye on iCast next week
    Good idea. Thanks!

Hoping we get a sneak peak at I-Cast.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

5. Member
    Hoping we get a sneak peak at I-Cast.
    Would be a huge announcement for HB.

Only reason I can think they would hold back a reveal at Icast would be if is not ready for prime time and the Mega 360 roll out delay problems last time around.

6. Member
    I have Mega 360 and I’ve been considering adding Livescope. I think I’ll wait and see if Humminbird drops any clues during Icast, too.

7. Member
    I’ve heard they have it, and it is currently being used and demonstrated by certain sponsored fisherman(not in tournaments). Icast is a good idea.

8. Member
    Agreed. Mega 360 is still on back order which could be part of the problem

9. Member
    I’ve heard they have it, and it is currently being used and demonstrated by certain sponsored fisherman(not in tournaments). Icast is a good idea.
    Interesting.

Hope you don't need a G3 unit to run it.

The Mega 360 G3 requirement ticked off a number of people.

Since HB does not use separate modules, I am thinking a G3 series would be needed.

Garmin was smart with the lower end Ecomaps compatible with Livescope and pulled a lot of people to that technology.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Interesting.

Hope you don't need a G3 unit to run it.

The Mega 360 G3 requirement ticked off a number of people.

Since HB does not use separate modules, I am thinking a G3 series would be needed.

Garmin was smart with the lower end Ecomaps compatible with Livescope and pulled a lot of people to that technology.
    I don't want any more external boxes in my boat. Every connect is just a place looking for an issue.

I heard the Helix line is ending next year, hopefully you dont need the new units to run it.

12. BBC SPONSOR
    I'd bet they incorporate it into the 360
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN

13. Member
    Maybe I am just old and remembering the old days,but It seems to me every electronic item seems to offer enhancements the year after they start selling the item. I think as long as the item does everything they promise, the new one should be better to keep up with the competition. Part of these enhancements is being able to use newer technologies. I don't see where any of them promise future compatibility with new tech. I understand some of these issues are a strategy to sell new stuff, but there are also issues that can't be avoided where new, better or faster hardware is needed. Back in the day as old guys say, is the fact that technology never moved this fast. With electronics I have conceded future compatibility is no longer possible to keep up with the competition. Just my 2 cents. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Maybe I am just old and remembering the old days,but It seems to me every electronic item seems to offer enhancements the year after they start selling the item. I think as long as the item does everything they promise, the new one should be better to keep up with the competition. Part of these enhancements is being able to use newer technologies. I don't see where any of them promise future compatibility with new tech. I understand some of these issues are a strategy to sell new stuff, but there are also issues that can't be avoided where new, better or faster hardware is needed. Back in the day as old guys say, is the fact that technology never moved this fast. With electronics I have conceded future compatibility is no longer possible to keep up with the competition. Just my 2 cents. Bob
    Yes, the rise of technology in electronics has been unbelievable for a while now. Seems like sooner or later it would have to slow down, but it sure hasn't so far.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

Processors get faster, memory gets cheaper, software programming tools are better all the time. It's a win-win even if you're buying a generation or two behind the bleeding edge.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pewebb View Post
    Where did you hear this?

What sponsored fisherman?

17. Banned
    Except that buying that way will bite you in the azz at some point. Ask the guys that bought a Gn2 right before M360 came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    Processors get faster, memory gets cheaper, software programming tools are better all the time. It's a win-win even if you're buying a generation or two behind the bleeding edge.

Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    Except that buying that way will bite you in the azz at some point. Ask the guys that bought a Gn2 right before M360 came out.
    If you're wanting M360, you're not really in the "generation or two behind" camp.

19. Dogfish_Jones
    I just want Humminbird to figure out why a lot of people have RFI problems and it makes their units pretty much useless.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I just want Humminbird to figure out why a lot of people have RFI problems and it makes their units pretty much useless.
    Not just a Humminbird issue. The newer Minn Kota mega trolling motors seem to have a lot fewer issues with RFI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast