LiveScope screen rocking?

I seem to be having a strange issue once in a while where when I deploy my trolling motor my livescope image will "rock" back and forth on the screen. What I mean is the bottom of the lake should be relatively flat across the bottom of the screen (if on a flat bottom), but sometimes when I deploy the trolling motor the bottom of the lake will rock from horizontal to nearly vertical on the screen and back. My transducer is side-mounted off the side of the trolling motor.

I also have a humminbird 360 and a hydrowave in close proximity but both above the livescope transducer. This also wasn't always an issue, it seems to be relatively recent.

Any thoughts on this?

2. Member
    Following... Same issue.

3. Member
    The same thing happened to me the other day. Image was see-sawing back and forth.
    Called support next day and he said I need to calibrate the compass. I did not really buy that but was going to try it the next day.
    Went out the next day and it was working fine. Has not done it again. It was about 100 deg. that evening when I had the problem.
    I thought it might be one of the video boards overheating or something.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1066258
    Look here. At the end I speculate on over powering the sensitivity and viewing to far as culprits, but the original phenomenon comes and goes.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

AHRS issue. Turn it off. A new drop down will appear. Select appropriate setting.

Yes, at times an oscillation can occur in the AHRS, where the bottom swings around like you describe. Normally this settles out but it can take more than a minute or two. To reset the AHRS, one solution is to recalibrate the compass, as doing this resets the AHRS system. Even if you don’t finish calibration and just cancel, the reset occurs. Or, a reboot of the LiveScope box also resets AHRS.
    Garmin Pro Team

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Yes, at times an oscillation can occur in the AHRS, where the bottom swings around like you describe. Normally this settles out but it can take more than a minute or two. To reset the AHRS, one solution is to recalibrate the compass, as doing this resets the AHRS system. Even if you don’t finish calibration and just cancel, the reset occurs. Or, a reboot of the LiveScope box also resets AHRS.
    Neat!

8. Member
    Great Info Thanks.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    I attempted to recalibrate the compass multiple times and it failed every single time. Tried turning the boat with trolling motor, fail. Tried with outboard, fail. Not really sure what is going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by carp104 View Post
    I attempted to recalibrate the compass multiple times and it failed every single time. Tried turning the boat with trolling motor, fail. Tried with outboard, fail. Not really sure what is going on here.
    More particular points to help it succeed, flat calm water no waves, and don't have anyone walking around as the listing action makes more information to interpret.

bring the sensitivity down some, bring the range in some, go a bit deeper in the lake ?