4s ProXS feeling removal

4s 250 ProXS sn-2B745728.
    Trying to remove cowling for 20 hour oil change. Seems like the starboard aft latch will not disengage when I pull the handle. Have had 2 people trying to get this thing off for an hour. LOL. Its hung up on that corner. About a half inch of play, and then can hear it hit solid. Now it will not seat properly to relatch. Any pointers?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Make certain that the lift handle was COMPLETELY rotated up and aft with the button pushed in. It is possible to "miss" one latch if you don't get that handle all the way released.

I recommend it be done from inside the boat (engine tilted up to a safe angle).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Guess I wasn't holding my mouth right. Gave up for an hour, went back out and it came right off. Had the cowl off a few weeks ago just looking things over, didnt have any problem with it. Sure is crowded in there. LOL

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor