Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mine must be a couple of generations back .

2. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Mine must be a couple of generations back .
    To clarify I assumed my bullseye was an original - I wasn’t aware of a red model

3. Member
    I have had the 700 now for about 2 months and i can't say enough good things about it. Easiest cooking i have ever done, literally throw it on and forget about it until you reach desired temp. I don't cook giant portions ( family of 4) but i am glad i got the 700 for those times when we do cook big.
    Ranger 518 dvx!!

4. Member
    Mine gets delivers tomorrow. Can't wait to go get some meat and go straight carnivore.
    Joey Aderhold

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    To clarify I assumed my bullseye was an original - I wasn’t aware of a red model
    Mine is black too. Didn't know the new ones were stainless. I'd like another one too but will have to be if and when the old one dies
    2016 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Get one. Only regret I have is not getting a bigger one.

7. Member
    So I’ve had my RT-680 for almost 3 yrs. love it. Well made and never had any issues other than paint peeling on the barrel. I did upgrade controllers to the WiFi version which has been awesome. I’m in No Calif so it’s not that cold but I’ve done pork butts overnight in winter down to 30’s and no issues keeping temps. Warranty is second to none and each grill gets the cell # of the owner(s). Wife was hesitant about it at first but she loves the meat that comes off it. She even cooks on it now whereas she wouldn’t go near it for the first 2 yrs. value/price/warranty REC Tec is it. I would consider what size I think I needed and go up one size. I don’t think it takes that much longer or uses that much more pellets. Hope this helps.
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

8. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownmaniac View Post
    Mine is black too. Didn't know the new ones were stainless. I'd like another one too but will have to be if and when the old one dies
    Mine has been a headache but customer service has been perfect. Biggest new feature I want is the PID controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
    After much research I went with the RECTEC 700 and couldn’t be happier. It maintains temp within 1-2 degrees and is very well built and easy to use. Can’t say enough good things about RECTEC.
    This. RecTec 700. I still like my offset smoker for a “deeper” smoke flavor but the RecTec is soooo simple !

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    What for you shines about the egg? Coming from what I’m doing now the egg seems like an easy transition but I do like the appeal of letting the pellets just flow. I’ve sat around on a picnic or two with a Traeger, although it worked fine, just was missing something for me.
    The biggest difference is the moisture content. Also, the flavor from using lump charcoal and adding your own wood. Being that it’s a sealed unit it holds the moisture a lot better and when you’re doing a low and slow smoke you have better control over how much or how little smoke flavor you like. We’ve done pizzas that are arguably the best I’ve ever had, nachos, cookies, I baked a cake, Thanksgiving turkey, you name it. You can’t beat the flavor.

I bought the Eggerator and that was an absolute game changer!!! It’s a little fan module you plug into the bottom vent. There’s an app that you set the temperature, It has a probe for the grill temp and one for the meat. You can monitor everything from your phone and change the temperature accordingly. Now I absolutely love it. Worth every penny. It’s literally idiot proof now. Even a caveman like me can do it.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    The biggest difference is the moisture content. Also, the flavor from using lump charcoal and adding your own wood. Being that it’s a sealed unit it holds the moisture a lot better and when you’re doing a low and slow smoke you have better control over how much or how little smoke flavor you like. We’ve done pizzas that are arguably the best I’ve ever had, nachos, cookies, I baked a cake, Thanksgiving turkey, you name it. You can’t beat the flavor.

I bought the Eggerator and that was an absolute game changer!!! It’s a little fan module you plug into the bottom vent. There’s an app that you set the temperature, It has a probe for the grill temp and one for the meat. You can monitor everything from your phone and change the temperature accordingly. Now I absolutely love it. Worth every penny. It’s literally idiot proof now. Even a caveman like me can do it.
    I agree on this, I had a Traeger, I know it’s not the same as a RecTec, The thing I didn’t like (And my wife did not like) about it is you always have smoke and ash whether you wanted it or not. I like controlling from no smoke to as much as I want. Also temps from 200° all the way to 900° ..... so far the only thing i found capable of doing that is the big green egg style cookers. Not bashing RecTec, if I was going to get a pellet style grill it would be a RecTec. Just can’t be the versatility of a egg style smoker. JMHO

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    I agree on this, I had a Traeger, I know it’s not the same as a RecTec, The thing I didn’t like (And my wife did not like) about it is you always have smoke and ash whether you wanted it or not. I like controlling from no smoke to as much as I want. Also temps from 200° all the way to 900° ..... so far the only thing i found capable of doing that is the big green egg style cookers. Not bashing RecTec, if I was going to get a pellet style grill it would be a RecTec. Just can’t be the versatility of a egg style smoker. JMHO
    There’s definitely some difference between using an egg and a pellet grill. The benefits of the pellet grill is from what I’ve read it looks as simple as setting the oven and letting it go, I could throw something on and go fishing for the day and come back and suppers ready.
    With my current (obviously as simplistic as it gets) setup I don’t feel like I can stray too far if I’m smoking.... what’s your experience with the egg, can you get it going in the morning and leave? How often are you dealing with charcoal?
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

13. Member
    With the egg style cooker, you can buy air controller which allows you to leave it, they even make them or you can control temperature with your iPhone or other devices from remote spots. Otherwise you need to be close by because the temperatures can swing on you due to wind and other variables affecting the air intake. I have an air controller, and I can set it and leave it for the entire duration of a cook, some which take over 12 hours. there’s no doubt a pellet grill is more convenient and easier, so there’s a plus and minuses. To me, the quality of the food is better in the egg - but again that’s just my opinion. I have owned both styles. No matter what there was always some ash with a pellet cooker, and you always had certain amount of smoke rather you wanted it or not. That’s the biggest difference for me.

14. Member
    It’s decided, put the order in for a RecTec Stampede (590).... looks like the right balance for us of size/features along with searing plates and took advantage of the deal they’re running on the beefy competition cart. Really looking forward to giving it a smoke. Thanks for the information and opinions guys
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P

I have my pitt-boss torn apart and scattered on back porch. The auger jammed and got all torqued around. Hoping I can repair it, but me being me started looking a replacement grills. Looked at Rectec and green mountain.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    I have my pitt-boss torn apart and scattered on back porch. The auger jammed and got all torqued around. Hoping I can repair it, but me being me started looking a replacement grills. Looked at Rectec and green mountain.
    They all really seem to to have the same design in mind and just different build materials and controller. I looked at Pit Boss, Traeger, Gorilla, Egg, RecTec, Yoder, and a few more. I thought RecTec offered the best balance of support, quality, price, and features. Hopefully you can get yours fixed but lots of good options out there too

Friend of mine in Alabama has the SS model. He says he it will go to 900° To Sears steaks.

geojson coordinates order

18. Member
    Just any update on the smoker. The shipping experience was an absolute nightmare but I will say I got to deal with Recteq customer service extensively and they 100% lived up to their reputation. Been running the smoker for a month and I don’t think it hardly gets to cool down unless I’m at work.
    Pulled pork, steaks, chuck roast, chickens, sticky rolls, cobblers, brownies, French toast....this thing is legit. Really appreciate the recommendations and the tip on the grill grates was spot on (we use them all the time like a griddle)
    Took me a long time to give up my wood burner but VERY PLEASED!!!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Friend of mine in Alabama has the SS model. He says he it will go to 900° To Sears steaks.

geojson coordinates order

Good luck getting one. That mew model was just introduced and they sell out as soon as they become available.

20. Member
    Rec Tec for me. Had mine a year with zero problems, it holds temp better than my oven. If you are trying to use the Lo setting (sub 200 degrees) and the temp is too hot, you need to adjust the feed rate down - simple to do with the phone app.
    2009 Tracker Pro 170 TX - Mercury 40 HP EFI

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast