Thread: Still riding?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Still riding?

How is everyone doing this year? Have had some good day trips so far. Have had to fix some issues but it's a Harley so it's expected..
    Have had some bad accidents this year as well in our area. Keep your eyes open for the idiots that just can't put the damn phone down.

Haven't had much time for long rides. The wife and I have been on a couple of two hour rides. After the first one I came home and then went and bought a battery. Original was a few months shy of 6 years old. Most of my ride time comes in 25 mile trips to and from work.

3. Member
    riding more than ever now, just day rides though mainly solo. Romeo rides are out, the guys I usually ride with are scared.

4. Member
    Having terrible withdrawal symptoms. Bought my first M\C when I was 12 years old and have had one ever since then----until this year !I will be 80 in October and the wife has put her foot on my neck about the bikes. COPD and Alzimer have about done me in and my better sense tells me it is time to quit. It has been a FUN trip !!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Member
    Yes, basically stay in a 150 mile radius of the house any more. Still love to ride and also ride in the mountains exclusively only on week days, primarily Monday-Thursday as traffic around here is in sane on Friday as well.

You should get a trike wwc3!
    Chris
    <'))))><

Mainly just ride a little during the week, to and from work. '15 Victory Gunner, solo seat since the wife never wanted to ride. All this pandemic stuff has changed a lot of what we do and when we can do things.

8. Member
    Ride every day that I'm off work when the weather is pretty good. No desire to ride in the rain anymore when I can avoid it. When the covid thing gets better I'll plan some longer trips.

9. Member
    Been riding on the weekends , all up in the White Mountains usually around 100-150 mile runs. Stopped at the memorial in Randolph where the 7 riders were lost last year a few weeks ago.
    My favorite run would be Crawford Notch loop from Rte 18 at Cannon Mountain all around to the Kangamangus back to Lincoln.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

10. Member
    Not much. Work has me busy. Went and got gas the other night though. It's 28 years old now. Doesn't mind the waiting.

11. Member
    111 heat index today. Rough at stop lights.

Got in a couple hr, 90 mile ride today with the wife. Warm enough for some butt and back sweat.

13. Member
    I ride everyday been riding my 54 pan since i bought it when I was 15 Im 65 now and will ride it until I kick the bucket.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    I ride everyday been riding my 54 pan since i bought it when I was 15 Im 65 now and will ride it until I kick the bucket.
    that's awesome
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

15. Member
    Been riding since 1965. All Harley's along with a couple dirt bikes many years ago. Still ride a couple of days a week. I usually take 1 or 2 road trips a year. I'll be turning 74 in May. Probably ride another year or two. I figure I'll know when to hang it up. I could never go from 2 wheels to a trike. The aging process sucks. I will just have get my wind in my face fix in the boat.
    USMC 1966 - 1968
    Combat Vets Association Georgia Chapter 25-1
    1999 Cobra 201S 2012 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Bird 798 & 1198 Minn Kota Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    I know you posted a pic of that a while back, right? Thought it was red...

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emerson73114 View Post
    You should get a trike wwc3!
    Believe me --I have thought about it! This nice weather and the "old itch" comes back HARD !!!!

18. Member
    I rode out to Sturgis this year. Rode out and back by myself. Met an old buddy out there who had a motor home so I had a comfortable place to stay. I had a great time and got Sturgis checked off my bucket list. I put 4400 miles on the bike. It was a fun adventure.
    USMC 1966 - 1968
    Combat Vets Association Georgia Chapter 25-1
    1999 Cobra 201S 2012 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Bird 798 & 1198 Minn Kota Ultrex

Sounds like a good ride. Wish I could pull that ride off but the older I get the less I want to even be ON the highway at all, even in my truck !! Just don't like rollin down the highway anymore with all the pin heads staring at their phones averaging 80 mph...

20. Member
    Thinking about an all day ride next week. The last couple of weeks the only time Ive been able to ride is out to watch the grand kids play soccer or tennis, what ever school that might be at..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast