Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Riding every weekend.

2. Member
    Riding at least twice/week

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    image.jpg
    I am BUT age and health took away
    2 wheels. Here is my solution and still in the wind besides the bass boat. Got it love it

Attachment 465922
    Last edited by Pokie Pa; 12-23-2021 at 04:42 PM.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

4. Member
    I've been trying to take a ride every Sunday morning for coffee. USPS has me starting at zero dark thirty so I don't wanna ride to work in the dark. Got cut off 2 sundays ago right near my house. Dumped the bike right in the middle of the highway. No injury very little damage. 58 yo, trying to get the big ninja up was not fun to watch. Was rethinking things a bit afterwords but I'm back.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    I've been trying to take a ride every Sunday morning for coffee. USPS has me starting at zero dark thirty so I don't wanna ride to work in the dark. Got cut off 2 sundays ago right near my house. Dumped the bike right in the middle of the highway. No injury very little damage. 58 yo, trying to get the big ninja up was not fun to watch. Was rethinking things a bit afterwords but I'm back.
    Wow, that sux. Glad your ok.

6. Member
    72 years old and ride 2-4 times a week. Mostly short rides around 40-50 miles with and without my wife.About once a month a 200 miles round trip to Pickwick lake area to a couple of our favorite restaurants.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    72 years old and ride 2-4 times a week. Mostly short rides around 40-50 miles with and without my wife.About once a month a 200 miles round trip to Pickwick lake area to a couple of our favorite restaurants.
    That's Awesome

8. Member
    81 in Oct and put mine away a year ago ! Miss it terribly !!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Member
    My wife and I got back in the saddle last year after a 10 year lay off while raising our grandson. I'm 64, she's well, a little older than me.

Started with this 2007 Heritage:

100_0473.JPG

About a month ago we decided we wanted the comfort and capacity for longer rides so we traded the Heritage in on this 2012 Ultra Classic:

100_0576.JPG

Last week we took off for the Smokies. Rode the Dragon, Cherohola Skyway and Moonshiner which have long been on my want to do list.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

10. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    heading to do BRP thursday...

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    My wife and I got back in the saddle last year after a 10 year lay off while raising our grandson. I'm 64, she's well, a little older than me.

Started with this 2007 Heritage:

100_0473.JPG

About a month ago we decided we wanted the comfort and capacity for longer rides so we traded the Heritage in on this 2012 Ultra Classic:

100_0576.JPG

Last week we took off for the Smokies. Rode the Dragon, Cherohola Skyway and Moonshiner which have long been on my want to do list.
    How was the Dragon? Did you ride it during the week or on the weekend. I here it is somewhat dangerous on the weekends with the gotta go fast crowds.

12. Member
    Someone asked me if I had ever ridden the "Dragon". My answer was ----"Not since they paved it " !!!!!!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeet'r89 View Post
    How was the Dragon? Did you ride it during the week or on the weekend. I here it is somewhat dangerous on the weekends with the gotta go fast crowds.
    Rode the Dragon on a weekday, in the rain. That slowed us us a bit but I wasn't going to try and set any records anyway. Still had more traffic than I expected, I'll bet the weekends would be nuts! It's tight and technical, I was in third gear once for maybe 300 feet. Other than that it was mostly 2nd gear with 1st on the 15 MPH hairpins. Glad I did it, got the shirt, but enjoyed the Cherohola Skyway and Moonshiner more.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

14. Member
    As stated the dragon is definitely nuts on the weekends, not as bad on weekdays but worse any day than it used to be. I have ridden it many times back in the day but don't care for it any more. Cherohala Skyway is a great ride and not nearly as busy.

Off with shoulder surgery won't be able to ride till spring but those are my two. Not along distance rider 250 to 300 miles a day i'm happy. Not a biker either. Just enjoy driving anything and everything. Bikes fall into that category. :)
    190TX Tracker 24' Striper offshore
    Southern living. Coastal North Carolina

16. Banned
    bike.jpg

At 43 I don't get to ride as much as I'd like but I still do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12